Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new coil bit not sure what i want. EX2

minelabking

Good day to all. I'm currently wanting a new coil for my Ex2. Have the 1050 and a detech 5. I'm looking at the sef 6x8 the sef 10x12 and the sef 12x15. Anybody have experience with any of these? Currently running the 17inch on the ctx and have the procoil for it and the Joey coil. I was told the procoil for the explores and etrac is also a great coil for the Ex2....thanks for any help.

Minelab king, I heard that the 10 X 12 and 12 X 15 are very similar but give the same amount of depth. So I went with the 10 X 12 and as they say it hit hard on quarters.
I also have 15 WOT and 6 inch detect plus Minelab standard smal and large coils.
I like them all and use them for different situations. If you already have a small aftermarket coll (5 inch) why would you get another ( 6 X :geek:?
But hey - it depends on what you are looking to do or areas that you hunt.

Hey Minelabking. For what it's worth I use the 6 x 8 and 10 x 12 sef's and they work great on my Se Pro. I don't even use the Pro coil anymore. The 6 x 8 is great for separating in moderate trash and gets close to the depth of the Pro coil. The 10 x 12 is a lazer at separating for it's size and gets great depth. I also have the 13" ultimate which I think get's slightly better depth and a bit more coverage than the 10 x 12 and hits coins on edge great. Well so do both the sef's. I have no experience with the 12 x 15. I think you'll love the depth and separation of both the 6 x 8 and 10 x 12. You might look into the Ultimate while your at it.

Thank you guys very much. Mr. Tony I been reading reviews on the detech 5 her on the forum but seems everyone preferred the detech 6. I also know where I can buy a sunray stealth 5 for 122.00 new. I hunt city park new Orleans.

I have the Sun Ray X-5 on my SE and it is incredible. Depth is no problem. I pulled out a Mercury at 9 inches with it in heavy iron. Coil never stops impressing me. Paid $198.00 for it. It paid for itself on the second trip out with it.

Hanoverdigging said:
I have the Sun Ray X-5 on my SE and it is incredible. Depth is no problem. I pulled out a Mercury at 9 inches with it in heavy iron. Coil never stops impressing me. Paid $198.00 for it. It paid for itself on the second trip out with it.

Had a Detech 5" and loved it but it came apart at the seams. Got a new X-5 for the Explorer2 and it's even better,though the Detech was on its last leg. I don't know how the little coils see so deep but they do in many places. It's VERY easy to tell what's in the ground,the separation is so good. Another vote for the X-5!!

I have a WOT 15 and a Russian RIFF 15"coil (equiv. to a Nel) ..love them both.. the RIFF is half the weight WOT AND ONLY 2/3rds the price.. $169! My friend hunts every 2 days in the ocean in SoCal now for over a year with a Nel 15 on his Excalibur. Never had a single problem with it and finds tons of shit! Ask Tony about the Nel. Check Tony Eisenhower on You Tube and TheSilverSniffer also... Tell them John Harvey sent you! ;)