Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil

gim

I want to buy a smaller coil for my Equinox 800. Looking at the Coiltek 10x5 and the Minelab 6 inch coil. Which one would get for your self and why and have you used it????

I mostly use the 6 inch and like it. Haven’t tried the Coiltek but some people like it. There are times when the stock 11 inch is appropriate but I need a shoulder harness when I use it. I mainly use they 6 cause of the weight is easier in my shoulder and it gets good depth.

5x10 Coiltek. I have had the Minelab 6" coil way before the 5x10, and it stayed on my shaft way more that the 11" coil. The Coiltek has been my goto coil on my Equinox since the first day I got it. I still have the 6" mounted on my 600 though.

I want to buy a smaller coil for my Equinox 800. Looking at the Coiltek 10x5 and the Minelab 6 inch coil. Which one would get for your self and why and have you used it????
I like the 6” and use it mostly in the water because of less drag and on land in the woods it’s great and goes deep and n the tight areas it definitively has a place!
Mark

I really like the coiltek 10x5 on my etrac. I just placed an order for the 900 and I also ordered a coiltek 10x5 for it and I'm hoping for similar or better results since the 900 will be a speedier machine.

I did a little detecting today at a local park with my Nox 600 with the Coil Tek and something I've been playing with is setting the sensitivity between 6-10 to get those targets just below the grass surface and I have been hitting a lot of jewelry that way. I'm also using some earbuds so I can really hear the tones. So I get a target that's hitting 10 and 11 low tone and varying into a mid tone. And just under the grass I catch a glimpse of a gold bracelet. Well it's a rolex watch band marked 21k. Woo hoo. Made my day. Unfortunately couldn't find the watch, and my time was limited. Will have to go back
IMG_20230212_141235.jpg
IMG_20230212_141149.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_141235.jpg
    IMG_20230212_141235.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I really like the coiltek 10x5 on my etrac. I just placed an order for the 900 and I also ordered a coiltek 10x5 for it and I'm hoping for similar or better results since the 900 will be a speedier machine.
Right on, it's been my go to coil for a while now. Although I like using a larger size coil on the beach for covering more area, the 10x5 coil I can swing for hours due to the weight, and it has been performing very well. Good luck, and happy hunting.

I liked the 6" especially for water hunting less drag
Mark

I did a little detecting today at a local park with my Nox 600 with the Coil Tek and something I've been playing with is setting the sensitivity between 6-10 to get those targets just below the grass surface and I have been hitting a lot of jewelry that way. I'm also using some earbuds so I can really hear the tones. So I get a target that's hitting 10 and 11 low tone and varying into a mid tone. And just under the grass I catch a glimpse of a gold bracelet. Well it's a rolex watch band marked 21k. Woo hoo. Made my day. Unfortunately couldn't find the watch, and my time was limited. Will have to go backView attachment 36553View attachment 36554
Awesome