Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New CTX 3030 Program

DigginUpCali

So I got my CTX about 5 years ago and I absolutely love everything about it. But I believe I have been under utilizing its potential. When I first got it I researched a program from one source and kinda just stuck with it. I moved to South Carolina (from California) and obviously with that comes new types of soils and a different style of detecting. I'm looking for recommendations for ways to build a program that best fits the style of hunting that South Carolina offers. I have built a few based on research and testing but I'm always looking for others input and experience to better equip myself. Thanks in advance!

What do you hunt Cali? Are you strictly a coin hunter? Jewelry? Beach? In the water? Relics? Let me guess...you found the “Gone Hunting” settings and used that? What EXACTLY is it that you want to find? The “Noise Cancel” feature will help with EMI no matter what state you’re in, the machine just by the way it works will figure out your ground no matter where you are...YOU are the one who adjusts the Sensitivity to the specific site and the conditions within...none of that will change no matter where you go. What WILL change is your discrimination pattern(what you want to find) and how you want to hear the information. That starts with deciding what you want to find on a given day.

Haha ya I did happen to find that "Gone Hunting" program. But I mainly hunt old home sites, I'm here in S.C. so many are colonial period. My favorite thing to find is coins, but I also enjoy finding relics. I stay away from the beaches. I enjoy the history part of detecting not so much the jewelry.

So I don't know what program you currently run, but I suggest setting up a "Coins Combined" program, based off the stock coins program, opening up most of the screen except for the last few lines near the bottom, and the first part of the top line left side of the screen. Make the separation mode Ground-coin. Then make your bins 1-10,11-13(for nickels) with a little higher tone,14-30 higher tone yet, and 31-50 with the really high tone to alert to coins, with the iron bin set to a super low tone for ferrous junk. turn recovery deep on, fast off, pinpoint sizing, target trace on. I like to use this program looking for coins in old sites, then also set up a program based off High Trash, using High Trash as the separation type, and also combined mode set up identical to the above, with fast on, deep off. And finally set up a Relics Combined based off relics mode, this one with separation type as Ferrous coin. Tone bins set up as above. This way, I have 3 programs all with different separation modes, coin ground, ferrous coin and high trash. Use them accordingly, and switch between them to investigate signals. The high trash is for trashy parks and yards with a lot of modern trash (pull tabs and can slaw and such) Good luck!

There are lots of choices in CTX programs (many patterns began their life as E-Trac patterns and can be used as such). You can pursue some of the common ones below and decide which ones you want to try. Many patterns are fairly similar in their attempted goal of isolating the non-ferrous good target and silencing the undesired ferrous. A test garden would be a good idea to double-check how these various choices might affect target recovery in your dirt.

In the patterns below, there are two patterns for each, a high Disc search mode, and a low Disc to hear all (the CTX can easily be set to switch back-and-forth between pattern and bin settings). The individual bin settings are listed in the first five columns (which match the displayed pattern from left to right, top to bottom), Low, L-M, M-H, High, and BTM (bottom bin). These are the bin Hz settings for the audio response the detector will make within the respective bins. Not all 5 bins are necessarily used depending on the bin divisions chosen. Thus, for example, Jason's Gold Pattern (below) has 208 Hz in the low bin (left bin), 12000 Hz in the right bin, and 75 Hz set in the fifth (bottom) bin. Realize that when using a heavily Disc'd pattern, the CTX loses sensitivity (target separation suffers) and nulls more (will provide no response) within fields of dense iron (e.g. nails co-located with non-ferrous), so you risk losing non-ferrous good targets with lots of Disc (even a little can yield a dramatic loss in sensitivity, thus the more open second pattern as a Disc2 choice).

The other columns given are settings for, RES (Signal Response) which can be set either Normal, Long, Smooth, or Pitch Hold). RF (Recovery Fast) can be set on or off (x means on). RD (Recovery Deep) is also On/Off. SEA (Seawater) is likewise set either On or Off. TAR (Target Separation) is set to either GC (Ground Coin), FC (Ferrous Coin), HT (High Trash), or LT (Low Trash). PP (PinPoint Mode) is either Nor (Normal) or SZG (Sizing). Sensitivity Mode is typically set to AUTO (not shown) and Auto Sens level to +3 to maintain detector stability. Of course, you can change any setting, these parameters are not set in stone. Enjoy!

9T4ILHt_GsoVp-QXAoZXtsHh8hO6n0ey_lRnE6qWVHVco8LW3PXdekUI5vQ3XKsmLn1Et-Qa-Wt7uetCcr1oYKeziwjY373dLCqjqckOCcMQATAOKDXAVU3OyPj3x-_dngDTuhoKXA=w1920-h1080

bickkQI5t88FEBzun20WN4pGAuO2-G1_-xkg3L5BBEV7YTg8QcJuaKoZv8-sdZuU2zah9zolp22jFhG3I0amdmPMzdegS9Hywp6E9swkarnSkthupfCorVnM8EbDSV8GQtL-3RPi_A=w1920-h1080

1gxZpIbwx9Yy3PUDIQA23-z6g8HizjoXgnzjeA2FlMGByhcMJ4R1IiDV5037c7kMEHiaEFxLU1gI6R0uMyY2S4PFp7yykIaR5X6fZ0RVwWsRm9GNOm0M1qRo17amXKTmg9SLZwnCyA=w1920-h1080

xOGyXA-Ocra0YfucZfwGseW-l1B963-MBUuOB1bFzvfyuyFdvyk7UZrq7g3OZBIWPhw8V-SWuGDuzGLh7441bxH2TlEB9asNEHQHYAoZnhsl3i-dKUp4mSE5RngoC6eKZHXvacnDpw=w1920-h1080

XqqgQw71U28MM-AuFb8TeiATpNAuG9DbkcovWibq8eLjbiKfKNxl4iyguKRP6lN-qs_rPU24FxNJZJA1vZbC5-VBHxUDj03MR2eLyBpgAJy1mGD3u4RJM3qIjSviVzBumAnjd0vLHg=w1920-h1080

RYbcBpUdqKcQ5K_nqLEm52zkio6ehNBQZXHkPmU63Tben5nIuygGPrfh9ODrRXFJOXhP1zS6W2DfiOENfiOP4Z6La3o-KGhl8VdN74hjp8LHamUyWdNy0nHFfI4KfUXkvN8pMFuAsg=w1920-h1080

-- Johnnyanglo

There are lots of choices in CTX programs (many patterns began their life as E-Trac patterns and can be used as such). You can pursue some of the common ones below and decide which ones you want to try. Many patterns are fairly similar in their attempted goal of isolating the non-ferrous good target and silencing the undesired ferrous. A test garden would be a good idea to double-check how these various choices might affect target recovery in your dirt.

In the patterns below, there are two patterns for each, a high Disc search mode, and a low Disc to hear all (the CTX can easily be set to switch back-and-forth between pattern and bin settings). The individual bin settings are listed in the first five columns (which match the displayed pattern from left to right, top to bottom), Low, L-M, M-H, High, and BTM (bottom bin). These are the bin Hz settings for the audio response the detector will make within the respective bins. Not all 5 bins are necessarily used depending on the bin divisions chosen. Thus, for example, Jason's Gold Pattern (below) has 208 Hz in the low bin (left bin), 12000 Hz in the right bin, and 75 Hz set in the fifth (bottom) bin. Realize that when using a heavily Disc'd pattern, the CTX loses sensitivity (target separation suffers) and nulls more (will provide no response) within fields of dense iron (e.g. nails co-located with non-ferrous), so you risk losing non-ferrous good targets with lots of Disc (even a little can yield a dramatic loss in sensitivity, thus the more open second pattern as a Disc2 choice).

The other columns given are settings for, RES (Signal Response) which can be set either Normal, Long, Smooth, or Pitch Hold). RF (Recovery Fast) can be set on or off (x means on). RD (Recovery Deep) is also On/Off. SEA (Seawater) is likewise set either On or Off. TAR (Target Separation) is set to either GC (Ground Coin), FC (Ferrous Coin), HT (High Trash), or LT (Low Trash). PP (PinPoint Mode) is either Nor (Normal) or SZG (Sizing). Sensitivity Mode is typically set to AUTO (not shown) and Auto Sens level to +3 to maintain detector stability. Of course, you can change any setting, these parameters are not set in stone. Enjoy!

9T4ILHt_GsoVp-QXAoZXtsHh8hO6n0ey_lRnE6qWVHVco8LW3PXdekUI5vQ3XKsmLn1Et-Qa-Wt7uetCcr1oYKeziwjY373dLCqjqckOCcMQATAOKDXAVU3OyPj3x-_dngDTuhoKXA=w1920-h1080

bickkQI5t88FEBzun20WN4pGAuO2-G1_-xkg3L5BBEV7YTg8QcJuaKoZv8-sdZuU2zah9zolp22jFhG3I0amdmPMzdegS9Hywp6E9swkarnSkthupfCorVnM8EbDSV8GQtL-3RPi_A=w1920-h1080

1gxZpIbwx9Yy3PUDIQA23-z6g8HizjoXgnzjeA2FlMGByhcMJ4R1IiDV5037c7kMEHiaEFxLU1gI6R0uMyY2S4PFp7yykIaR5X6fZ0RVwWsRm9GNOm0M1qRo17amXKTmg9SLZwnCyA=w1920-h1080

xOGyXA-Ocra0YfucZfwGseW-l1B963-MBUuOB1bFzvfyuyFdvyk7UZrq7g3OZBIWPhw8V-SWuGDuzGLh7441bxH2TlEB9asNEHQHYAoZnhsl3i-dKUp4mSE5RngoC6eKZHXvacnDpw=w1920-h1080

XqqgQw71U28MM-AuFb8TeiATpNAuG9DbkcovWibq8eLjbiKfKNxl4iyguKRP6lN-qs_rPU24FxNJZJA1vZbC5-VBHxUDj03MR2eLyBpgAJy1mGD3u4RJM3qIjSviVzBumAnjd0vLHg=w1920-h1080

RYbcBpUdqKcQ5K_nqLEm52zkio6ehNBQZXHkPmU63Tben5nIuygGPrfh9ODrRXFJOXhP1zS6W2DfiOENfiOP4Z6La3o-KGhl8VdN74hjp8LHamUyWdNy0nHFfI4KfUXkvN8pMFuAsg=w1920-h1080

-- Johnnyanglo

-- Johnnyanglo
A lot of good work that will help lots of us same time searching. Thanks a lot!!!!!