Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new ctx

ironarmknives

hey guy just got ctx 3030 with 17" and 11" and 6" coils when i change coils do i need to tell the machine what coil I'm using like with my v3i , didn't seem to hit any targets deeper than 5" had it in silver mode hunting a park i hunt a lot looking for anything my xp deus left behind did find some dimes but shallow 3-5" just seemed like well i was hope-ing for 8-10" …. i live in san diego and plan on doing a lot of beach with this and the excalibur …. so any info on changing the coil size will be a start
thanks Clint

no just change the coil as far as I am aware, do a noise cancel and away you go.

maybe there are no deep coins where you were?

also what sensitivity where you running manual or auto plus or minus?

also ground type?

AJ

I run mine with stock or 17" coil using ferrous, open screen. If the signals get to me then I switch to ground coin, silver or one of the other modes.

I only use the programmed screen when checking a target or in a real trashy area. To get the depth with that screen you must slow down the sweep speed
substantially to avoid losing your depth.

The 17" will pick up another 3 or 4 inches of depth.

Try switching to the "open" screen and using the filtered one to check your target.

yep the one real advantage over the etrac is I can run an open screen so totally agree with tcornel I use the combined mode not sure why its called that its a 5 tone mode but anyway.

so yes it takes a bit to get a handle on if you haven't used a etrac or ctx before but easy does it and read a lot and fiddle with the machine :biggrin:

AJ

Pay attention to the soil profile before you judge coin finding depth. Many places you will have a dense clay layer that stops or severely slows a coin's descent. I have sites that are loamy for 2 feet, and others that only have a few inches of decent soil over clay. I've yet to find a coin deep in an undisturbed clay.

Clint make sure you've not checked or is it unchecked the box for ground balancing, set it to let the machine do it automatically and not you having to do it manually and try running it at AUTO +3 as someone else said. That will have an impact on depth when inland coin hunting.

At the beach in clean sand you will want to go with manual ground balance mode and set it low like 20 or maybe under as there won't be much if any mineralization unless it's black sand or heavy salt.

Also try it in surf or is it beach mode turned on, it was an upgrade for us guys with the first runs of machines along with the one push pinpoint button upgrade and made a good difference in performance/depth that most people run with it left turned on all the time no matter where you hunt.

thanks guys i ll start trying these things let u know