Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New custom water proof headphones & rambling thoughts on headphone options

Ytcoinshooter

Wednesday I received my custom TE wired waterproof headphones, the ones built on the white MSA headset. You can find the utube vid easily to see how they are built. Testing in my yard proved for me the audio quality is excellent with rich lows and easy to distinguish high and mid tones. That night in a downpour I used them on an 1834 home site

TerryinHawaii said:
Please tell us the links to the youtube video and where to buy these headphones.
Mahalo, Terry
Due to forum rules I cannot post any of that. Honestly, you can easily find the vid and the maker with a search if you enter the right terms. There's a few hints in my post but I'm not running afowl of the moderators or forum owner. You get out on a wait list as they are custom. took me 27 days from being added to the list to actual delivery, worth it.

That EDIT didnt want to get into the business. ... but looks like he gas. I got one of his first made. He does a great job of waterproofing them. I use his as a backup now. Ive got a pair with audiosears and his with piezos. I like the audiosears a little better. But his is a top notch build.

dewcon4414 said:
That Edit didnt want to get into the business. ... but looks like he gas. I got one of his first made. He does a great job of waterproofing them. I use his as a backup now. Ive got a pair with audiosears and his with piezos. I like the audiosears a little better. But his is a top notch build.
Hey Dew, glad you have such good things to say about what Edit does. It might have been you who clued me in re his headphones. I know I made a mistake waiting two months to contact him to get on the list. All the while hoping Minelab would release thiers and make the connectors available so I'd go with GGA's. I'll probably still get the GGA's as having a backup is important to me too.

I have a set of GGA’s he adapted and upgraded sound boards on. Haven’t had a chance to use them yet...

Pyledriver said:
I have a set of GGA’s he adapted and upgraded sound boards on. Haven’t had a chance to use them yet...
Yes, I think you've mentioned this in a post. Or at least I read where he will mod those. Please report back on how they sound compared to the stock GGA's.
Thanks!

-- moved topic --

Will do! I hope to get out later this week.

I got out yesterday but didn’t go very deep underwater-just a couple feet. Sound was good although at full volume I expect the sound will be somewhat muffled at 10’...but can’t say for sure till I test it! I have another solution though and will make a separate post.