Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New D2 Shaft

Just got an email from Steve's Detector Rods that my new D2 complete carbon fiber shaft setup has shipped. I'm excited to take it out for a spin! Will report back.
You and I must be “twinning” TBone! Mine is coming Tuesday. Steve makes some fabulous stuff, I’m very excited to see what this new chassis is like. What’s better…I also have the WS6 so I’ll be able to set up 2 Deus 2’s….one with the 9” coil and the other with the 11”x13” coil. Next spring is gonna be a lot of fun boy…🤩

You and I must be “twinning” TBone! Mine is coming Tuesday. Steve makes some fabulous stuff, I’m very excited to see what this new chassis is like. What’s better…I also have the WS6 so I’ll be able to set up 2 Deus 2’s….one with the 9” coil and the other with the 11”x13” coil. Next spring is gonna be a lot of fun boy…🤩
Have the WS6 as well. Have the 9 and 11 inch coils. You liking that 11 x 13? I imagine that isa a good beach coil

Have the WS6 as well. Have the 9 and 11 inch coils. You liking that 11 x 13? I imagine that isa a good beach coil
That 11x13 is my “wide open spaces” coil for big parks and things, haven’t barely used it yet. No beaches, I’m land locked. That 9” coil…now that is something SPECTACULAR! I’m sure the big one will do well where it belongs.👍

Just got an email from Steve's Detector Rods that my new D2 complete carbon fiber shaft setup has shipped. I'm excited to take it out for a spin! Will report back.

Interesting question. Does the D2 only switch to the antenna if it sees that the wireless comm has been lost? Would you even know which system it’s using if on dry land? Not sure…don’t know. Since any inputs are via the coil itself AFAIK, I wouldn’t think there‘d be a difference either way, even a minuscule difference.
I hope you guys received your shafts! I got mine last week and it is simply perfect!

My local post office finally dug my package out of the chaos yesterday!
Beautifully crafted!
I haven’t taken the time yet to mount a coil and remote but will try tomorrow morning.

I hope you guys received your shafts! I got mine last week and it is simply perfect!
Totally agreed, he left no stone unturned. I REALLY like how you can actually operate the RC now with your thumb! And it actually stands up by itself! Sadly, all stuff that really should be in place from the factory. Maybe the French have super long thumbs from so much thumbing their noses at Americans?😀

Been out just in my test garden and agree with Monster regarding being easier to operate with my thumb. The angle the remote sits at is much better for me. The remote is locked on really well now. I also like the smoothness of the grip which is going to make it much easier to clean. Not a huge deal but I like it. Ordered an additional lower shaft for my second coil. Great job Steve!

Been out just in my test garden and agree with Monster regarding being easier to operate with my thumb. The angle the remote sits at is much better for me. The remote is locked on really well now. I also like the smoothness of the grip which is going to make it much easier to clean. Not a huge deal but I like it. Ordered an additional lower shaft for my second coil. Great job Steve!
I was hoping and assuming you’d like it Tbone! Also notice that the lower rod is 4” longer which allows for superior rigidity with a bigger coil and for much taller people to more effectively use it. I’m not affiliated with Steve at all but know his general mindset…do it REALLY right or don’t do it!😃

Everyone, THANK YOU for the very kind words!

I am so happy that everyone seems to really like the shaft, and yes -- a re-design of the location of the remote/mount (to allow better thumb access to the remote's keypad) was one of several "major points of focus" for me (there were about 6 to 8 of them, when designing the shaft). It's a somewhat subtle change, from the perspective of trying to explain it to someone; it's almost a "you just have to use it to see" type of thing. So, I didn't say a whole lot about this particular design detail, in the lead-up to the release of the production-model shaft. I just hoped/assumed it would be something folks would notice and appreciate -- and so, I'm SO glad that users of the shaft are indeed noticing, and commenting, on this specific thing. When I first picked up the D2, that ridiculous (in my opinion) positioning of the remote, and the subsequent contortion of your thumb that is needed to access the buttons on the remote, is SO bad from an ergonomic perspective (in my opinion) that I couldn't believe the design was rubber-stamped at XP. SUCH a great machine, from all accounts, but -- just like with the Equinox -- it's another case of great technology attached to a sub-par shaft. I guess I should not complain, though, in that it gives me plenty of opportunity to try and "build a better mousetrap." My goal with every shaft design, is to bring a little bit of improvement to each of us who enjoy this hobby, each time we head out on a hunt.

Gazin -- it's do-able; I have the ability to custom-build a straight shaft, through some "creative" adjustments to the S-shaft components. These straight shafts, therefore, aren't easy to build, and require a good bit of customization (and thus conversation with the customer), but it's do-able.

If it's something you really want to pursue, let me know. I can send you a picture of a two-piece D2 straight shaft I built for one of my customers...

steve@stevesdetectorrods.com

Thank you all!

Steve