Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new detector from garrett

hello all, i heard that garrett is introducing a new detector does anyone know if it will replace the gti2500
thanks ...Tony

I believe that it is a new PI gold detector.

First one in California, Proto-type.

Nugget hunter, Coin shooter and Relic finder. Analog Target ID.
Paul (Ca)

Got to be one of the first few to see it first hand before it reached this forum.
It's a spectular unit, performs amazingly. It takes over where the Scorpion and GTi2500 left off with new technology thrown in.
Can't say anymore........................

Not privy to that info........................

Hello forum friends,

This is a future mod of mine guess it's the starting block of a proto-type I'm working on, Not a detector made by Garrett. Although it looks like a Garrett the innards are of a Vari-Filter 13.77 kHz model, The actual coils will be either a 3", 6" or an 8" coil or an 11" not the elliptical DD coil shown in the picture. I can go with the elliptical DD but then the unit would not be an all purpose detector and limited only to relic hunting or gold prospecting.

Although the Vari-Filter 13.77 kHz model can operate as a Nugget hunter and does extremely well on the tiniest finds it strengths are for coin shooting, Gold jewelry and relic hunting, Has Target ID both all-metal and disc mode and a threshold feature as well. Separation is one of the best on the planet with lighting recovery speed.

It would be nice if Garrett did come out with a modern Analog like the one above, They would sell a ton of them.

HH, Paul (Ca)

Paul does some really nice mods, has an extensive collection of older machines.
You can see part of his collection of Compass machines pictured on my website.
http://www.treasurelinx.com/compass.html
Where you can also download full version Garrett catalogs forom the 1970-2000.

That is correct Fisher Ghost,

The entire meter assembly is of a XP-Pro Plus squeezed into the Garrett GTX, The great part of this mod is that the XP-Pro meter assembly can accept any of the Scanner Series 13.77 kHz circuit boards so if I wanted to swap out the XP-Pro circuit board can replace it with any of the other 13.77 kHz models and still continue to use the XP-Pro Plus control panel.

I do these mods for fun, It's another forum of joy in the hobby. Hope I didn't cause any issues on this great forum, But it would be nice if Garrett and some of the other companies came out with a more advanced analog detector.

Take care,
Paul (Ca)

Your contribution to the hobby is a warm welcome to many Sven, We appreciate the hard work you put into your website.

To view it is like entering a museum with countless hours of joy viewing the articles and vintage detectors of yesterday, One of a kind website :thumbup:

Thank you,
Paul (Ca)