Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Detector

squeak16

My first post on the forums,, I order my new detector yesterday, tracking said that it would arrive on Saturday, getting excited and a litlle nervous about learning a new machine, been watching all the videos i can find, seems pretty cool. I am getting the Minelab CTX 3030 standard pack. Later on i would like to try some of the programs on the forums, hopely the ones in the machine will do well to get me started, my old unit is a White's DFX
wish me luck

Just start with installing any firmware updates that are not already on it, and just take it out and run it with the factory coin program in Auto for a while.
Get used to the tones, as the DFX is a completely different sound. I have spun an XLT for 15 years prior to getting a Minelab, and the tones were the biggest thing to get used to.

After you get comfortable with what it is basically telling you, open a second program with a different seperation like Combined w/Ferous Coin, and set you User button to toggle between the two. Take the time to compare what you find in the factory coin program with the second program. Take your time and don't sweep it as fast as you did with the DFX. It works at seperation mucho better going slower.

I could not get used to what the heck all those tones were trying to tell, seemed like it would take forever to figure it out so I set up the bins the way I wanted them and used the combined tones system and that made learning it much easier, just sayin"

GL & HH

Download Gone Hunting's program, use it, dig just about everything until you learn what the sounds and numbers mean.......Fastest way to learn it is to dig it. Write that down.

Hello and thanks for the information, looks like i'll be inside for a week, the weather is going down hill , i guess i'll have time to set up xchange2 and find any up-dates i need to add..
thanks again

Hello ,, I welcome any advise to keep me positive during my learning curve, I hope all the videos will make some sense when I start using the new machine

Thanks again

Hello, good advice ,, dig and write it down, I have tried that with some of my earlier detectors, it did help me

thanks for the feed back

where would I find a video showing how to get an MLX file into my machine, new machine got it today when I opened Xchange2 program it was waiting for me, I know my computer can't open, but I can not seem to save it. Also if there were updates, where would they show up on the screen
thanks, anybody

been so long since there has been a update that i dont remember.
Odds are if you bought a new machine you want need to up date.Check to see if you have a saltwater mode and if so you are good to go.

I asgree with the above reply that setting up a program in combined will help you learn the machine better. It can be as simple as using the coins program and change the profile to combined and then size and set your bins to taste. Will most likely change later.Also there is a lot of disc.in most of the programs so you might want to slowly reduce the disc as you learn. Everyone recomends to dig everything until you learn but with to much disc you will miss a plenty and the wide open paterns can be overwelming in trashy areas.

BTya