Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New detector

If you like the X-Terra, you should love the Equinox. The X-Terra 705 was my least liked machine of everything I have ever used and I clicked with the Equinox the moment I starting swinging it. Personally, I feel the Equinox is in a totally different category where processing/recovery speed is concerned.

I just bought a new to me XP Deus How this detector got by me for this long amazes me
It is really a butt kicker

If you like the X-Terra, you should love the Equinox. The X-Terra 705 was my least liked machine of everything I have ever used and I clicked with the Equinox the moment I starting swinging it. Personally, I feel the Equinox is in a totally different category where processing/recovery speed is concerned.
Well, that sounds like they're nothing alike. Head scratch?

Well, that sounds like they're nothing alike. Head scratch?
I started using the Equinox after using the XTerra 50 for many years… switching over for me was very easy as I started making nice finds from the start with it.
Actually, I was surprised at how good the signals sounded and wondered how these targets have been missed over the years.
I think the multifrequency is the biggest factor in the difference.
That 705 is no slouch and many still prefer and use it.
Personally I have not used my XTerra 50 since I started using the Equinox.
Not having to ground balance the Equinox is a big plus to me in this changing ground conditions.
Very simple to set up and use too.

I started using the Equinox after using the XTerra 50 for many years… switching over for me was very easy as I started making nice finds from the start with it.
Actually, I was surprised at how good the signals sounded and wondered how these targets have been missed over the years.
I think the multifrequency is the biggest factor in the difference.
That 705 is no slouch and many still prefer and use it.
Personally I have not used my XTerra 50 since I started using the Equinox.
Not having to ground balance the Equinox is a big plus to me in this changing ground conditions.
Very simple to set up and use too.
Well, that was the impression I was getting. But, dfmike's post seem to imply that they were nothing alike. First he said that if I liked the X-Terra, I'd love the Equinox, but then said that the X-Terra was his least liked machine. Not sure what to make of that.

Well, that was the impression I was getting. But, dfmike's post seem to imply that they were nothing alike. First he said that if I liked the X-Terra, I'd love the Equinox, but then said that the X-Terra was his least liked machine. Not sure what to make of that.
Maybe he can elaborate….
I liked my XTerra too…. And love the Equinox!!

Last edited:
I meant that the 2 machines have similarities when it comes to the menu system, button layout, pin pointing accuracy and tones. You will instantly feel at home when you turn on the Equinox. To me, that is where the similarities start and end. The recovery speed of the Equinox can't be compared. Heck, I have other machines that are considered to be fast like the Nokta Fors CoRe and F19/G2+ (The Whites MX7 was no slouch either) and the Equinox is faster than those three. It certainly feels faster in its overall processing of targets. I made the car comparison before. To me the Equinox is a true exotic sports car (any model Ferrari). The X-Terra felt like a Mitsubishi Mirage by comparison. I'm comparing recovery/target processing speed here, nothing else. The X-Terra might do fine in places where trash is sparse to moderate. Where I like to detect, it simply fell apart. Mind you, many detectors tend to fall apart here. The Equinox has the speed to separate every single target with a normal swinging motion. No need to slow down for the detector to process what it "sees". The fact that it can be this fast and hit the ground with multiple frequencies simultaneously is mind boggling to me.

I'm not saying the X-Terra 705 was no good. Obviously lots of people liked it. For me and what I like to find the most (old coins in trashy areas), it did not work. That's one of the reasons I waited a few years to get another Minelab.

I thought my initial excitement about the Equinox would subside after a few times out but it hasn't. It has its quirks and I'm worried about long term reliability (it's kind of flimsy) but it has lots of power under the hood. The number of coins I have found so far in this trash laden woodland can attest to that.

Love the Knox have both 800 & 600. When they talk about the Knocta simultaneous machine is stating it will be as good as or better than the Knox. That says a lot ab the Knox. The Simplex was said to be the same as the Knox but half the price, it’s not even close. I always thought the Minelabs were overpriced and overhyped until I compared the Knox it was the deepest detector I ever saw.

I use an anfibio about 50% of the time and my equinox the other 50%. Build quality on n/m is very good imo. Havent had any issues with my 800, but i have stiffeners on the 11 and 15 coils.