Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus Owner

soky72

So many good things said about the Deus with the HF coil in heavy iron that I decided to give it a try. Been reading forums, watching YouTube videos but could still use some guidance. I'm always hearing about the custom programs and was wondering if there was a certain spot online where people posted their programs or are they randomly spread throughout posts here and there? I'm primarily a relic hunter and currently run a GPX for relics and Nox 800 for water and yards. Want the deus for old home places with iron.

If you haven't already check you tube.......Calabash Digger. He is a Deus/relic master.

Calabash has some good programs. However if you are new to the Deus, don't jump right into using Pitch. "Fast" is a good program to start from if you want to play in the iron.

Yup, you don''t necessarily copy his programs, copy his way of analyzing things. A test garden is ideal. His soil seems little different than an air test so yours will probably be quite different. I have to say that after 14 months of working with the Deus my programs have evolved into being pretty much wide open, full tones (your tone choice may vary and that's fine), and adjustments for the specific site. Don't start that way though, start however you want, probably with factory programs. Eventually you may get to the wide open thing but you have to get some things out of your system first. Just keep at it and above all, when you hit a signal DON'T dig it right away, adjust things one at a time to see if you can hear it better or get a better ID, etc. That's how to learn. Patience, patience.

Best of luck.

Words of wisdom from Architex. You will learn a LOT when you leave a target in the ground for a few minutes and just tweak a setting or two to see if you can improve the signal. Reactivity is one of the key settings. Just remember, when you tweak Reactivity you will change the Silencer settings.

I do the same thing with my Equinox, checking tarkets in multiple settings gives me a more accurate idea of what's in the ground and I've gravitated to a more wide open style with it.

You need to be careful with setting your machine up on a static test bed because the settings required to locate a known target may be different to what set up is required in the field.

I have hunted iron infested sites daily almost year round for the past 2 years and found many many great things. Full tones are very good in nail infested sites but you must dig almost everything at least at first. Non ferrous items mixed with nails make a certain sound. Sure with the speed of the deus you can hear the targets between the nails but if you learn the sound of non ferrous combined with the sound of nails you will find more.This is hard so simulate in a test garden because you know where things are and expect to hear them. My general rule (in places that nobody cares how much i dig) it if the deus squeaks and i am not positive it is iron, i dig to see what made the sound i heard. Calabash posted a video using pitch and that works VERY well but is harder to hear deeper targets because the pith is quieter.