Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New deus user here

Quake

Noob question, can i run multi tones in basic 1 or leave everything alone
till i get use to the detector.
Should i get Andy's book or keep reading my manual that came with it ?

Basic is set up on multi tones (three tones). Look in the back of the manual. You can change it to whatever you like but you have to save it to a new program or else next time you start up the detector it will revert back to the original. Andy's book is well worth it. You can get a good deal at his website. Of course read the manual, too.

Quake said:
Noob question, can i run multi tones in basic 1 or leave everything alone
till i get use to the detector.
Should i get Andy's book or keep reading my manual that came with it ?
Or does he mean run full tones? Yes you can..

Many people say not to use full tones right at first, but if you have been using that on a previous detector no problem. That's why they have several pre-set programs so you can use one that you are familiar with. basic is the easiest/calmest one to start with.

Hey thanks for the responses appreciate it, I was so use to the whites xlt multi tone is why i asked i dont hunt by the screen only sound.
But i plan on trying the full tones from watching gary use it on youtube.

I came from using the Explorer SE Pro and Etrac using the max number of tones setting and open screen, fulltones came closest to emulating the tones of those machines and offers the most target info if running soley off the tones. Didn't take long at all for me to gel with the Deus, so I reckon maybe give basic 1 a miss, and concentrate on learn what fulltones (hot program) has to offer rather than swapping between programs all the time.

I often detect at night using audio only, and once you get your ears tuned in you can get very good at picking out junk from good non-ferrous targets, even in a park situation with modern junk.

Everyone told me to keep it simple when I got my Deus three years ago, so that's what I did.

I just ran in the Basic 1 and Gold Max Power programs for the first month or so till I got familiar with the machine - made lots good finds !

Like many others, now I run all my programs with "Full Tones".

Best thing I ever did was load Gary's "Sifter" program for hunting in iron - it's fantastic !

Andy's book goes into much greater detail than the factory manual - it's a must have !

Good luck with your new Deus ! :detecting:

First off order Andy's book
It is loaded with info that the manual doesn't cover.

When I started out Basic was the way to go. no adjustments.
After a month or so switched to Fast.
That's been 7 yrs ago...
In between I went to full tones and now run pitch.

The thing is pick one program and stick with it.
I hunted Tot Lots for the first few months to learn the tones and what targets sounded like.
Take your time go slow and don't try to make all of the adjustments that you hear are the best.
Stick with it, get comfortable with what you are hearing and then move on to making adjustments.

Good luck

Some good info from you guys, That's why i decided to give the Deus a try and liking it so far, It's so light i could swing it all day.
I just purchased Andy's new book waiting for it to arrive.
Yea i was using full tones and loving it, Im looking at purchasing a 11" LF coil and either a x35 or the white HF coil.
What of the 2 is the better coil, I'm figuring it depend's on my hunting situation.
I also run the T2 LTD with Dst with the nel tornado and sharpshooter coils im keeping that machine as i have found alott of goodies with it.

I would go with (and have) the 11' X35 coil.
It gives you both the low and the high.
Very stable... a great all around coil.

I bought andy's book and was going through some of the programs in it, I'm guessing most of them programs in his book like Calabash Digger's relic program are for the HF coil's ?
Is Gary's sifter program based on using the LF coils ?

I'm still using Gary's "Sifter" program ( uses full tones ) with a 9" LF coil in 3.2 - but I was told there is a way to load this program ( or very similar ) with the newer coils.
It's also possible there could be a factory program that's the same or very similar to Sifter already loaded in the the newer machines ?
I'm sure Gary or one of the other forum members here could give you more details.

Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Im using version 5.2 and a 9" LF coil wanting to break away from the basic 1 program
and experiment with some of the other programs. Was curious since i dont have a HF coil
or the x35 coil should i go back to version 4.1, from what i was reading it's a good version
to be running most of the programs like sifter using the LF coils. I'm just curious if it's worth
using 5.2 with that coil or 4.1

I don't know but I heard the LF coils work fine with version 5.2 so easy enough to check it out and see.

I tried messing around with all the programs and settings, but it just killed the few remaining brain cells I had left so I settled on a modified Basic 1.

I run Basic 1 with full tones, and the XY screen selected.

Full tones will confuse you right off. Try 3 tone until you learn the numbers. Yes, get the book, you will learn a lot. I did.

Where do I find Gary's Sifter program? Not sure if he has something newer. Keep seeing something about sonar but didn't know what they were talking about... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mike K (Ohio) said:
Where do I find Gary's Sifter program? Not sure if he has something newer. Keep seeing something about sonar but didn't know what they were talking about... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPHhuejPf0o&t=8s

and here is the Sonar program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUE2hqA6oT8

Jerry