Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus V3

SwampeR

Will have to wait. Sorry I've waited long enough, purchased a new CTX today! Two friends I hunt with have CTX's and I will say they have impressed me enough to jump ship.

Good luck and happy muscle building. Usually, when a guy makes an announcement like this the long awaited V3 will be out amazingly fast. I was on a quest to get a 3030 but a chance deal brought me a Deus and I can't complain.

Don
HH

The comments about the long wait for V3.0 does bring a chuckle . . . . since there is absolutly nothing wrong with the current version that is out there and is making some very impressive finds.

So when an annoucement - from the factory directly or simply from the rumor mill - comes out mentioning an upgrade is coming, suddenly what is out there is looked upon as second rate? If anything the XP upgrade option should convince people to go with V2.0, learn the machine and see what V3.0 brings to the table since there is no additonal capital outlay.

Does anyone think that any manufacturer is simply sitting on inventory and not thinking about a new model or updated set of features? Other than XP (and let's not get into the patch vs update on the CTX 3030 again), what manufacturer comes out witrh a new model and does not charge existing owners to move up to what it offers?

Again, it is somewhat humorous to see posts where people say they are tired of waiting fcor V3.0 and are moving on to other detectors . . . . there are a number of great machines out there but if V3.0 was the only factor in selecting a Deus, then all the previous posts of finds that have been made, comments about the performance, lack of weight and the support from XP Americas must have fallen on deaf ears.

Best of luck with your detector choice as you will do well once the learning curve is mastered . . . . . and we may yet see you on the Deus forum as time passes

Andy Sabisch

I to have moved on to the CTX still have my Deus and like it for some things but the V3 update is waaaaaay over due. The CTX has had a update or patch what ever you want to call it. I do know it made salt water hunting a dream. Have found enough water gold to pay for it. Have found some relic and coin goodies with the Deus too but the only time it comes out now is in extreme iron. I like the Deus a lot the idea is really cool and it works well. The post have dropped off here a lot and it needs something to get things going again. Hope the V3 is out soon and there is a reason to be excited about it again. For now I will charge the batteries now and then and wait to see what happens next. Andy is a great guy and I really enjoy his books hope to be able to buy his Deus book soon. Come on show us the V3. What is the hold up

Jason

Me three. I got slapped around in here the last time I commented on version 3. But the CTX has become my primary. In my opinion (yes just my opinion) version two is OK, but needs help. I will wait for version three and put it through it's paces when it gets here.

Andy i am just waiting for the V3 update so you will start selling your book on the Deus as your E-Trac book is excellent.

Loving my Deus with the perfectly amazing Version 2. Great reason to look forward to the release is to get Andy's book in my hand. I will keep finding things and having a blast until 3 is released.

Don
HH

I know several CTX owners that have now switched to the Deus and is loving it. 3030 is just too heavy for many.

Asking which detector is best is like asking a pickup owner which brand is best . . . . an arguement is bound to ensue . . . . .

The CTX 3030 is a solid detector and has a following . . . . as is the E-Trac, the F-75, the V3i . . . . . or model ________________ (fill in the blank). If you find stuff and are happy with the results, guess what . . . . it is the right detector for you.

At a recent club meeting I looked at the assortment of finds and they had been found by about as many different detectors as there were entries . . . . so which one was the best?

Everyone needs to define what is important in picking a detector - weight, balance, discrimination, complexity, price . . . . and when you look at the mix, certain models bubble up to the surface and others sink for each individual as the factors will have different weights for each person - what might be a deal breaker for one person is unimportant to another..

The fact that posts here are down is not only on the Deus forum . . . . . weather has kept many people inside and others simply don't see a need to post a pair of Wheats and a Roosie from a local park looking for a pat on the back . . . . there are some great finds posted here as well as on other forums here - take a look at the Find of the Day forum and see what is posted there . . . .

It is interesting however to look at what detector is making the finds on the UK Finds database . . . . . one name does seem to appear more often than others . . . . . just an observation

V3.0 is coming sooner than later and will offer features that peple have asked for and then some . . . but it still will not be "THE" detector for everyone . . . . unfortunately there are just so many features / changes / bells and whistles that any one manufacturer can / will put on a specific model.

Remember, it comes down to what you want, what is available and in the end, does it feel like the right detector to you . . . if it meets these, then you found the right detector regardless of what everyone else is using or touting.

Andy

Will be glad to see what it has to offer hope you have that new book ready to ship about 10 min after the release interested to see what you have came up with this time. I like my Deus and it is not going any where any time soon. I have hunted with it a good bit but not enough to really know it as soon as the update comes out I will really give it more hunting time to try and really learn it. Have about 200 hours in with the CTX so I know it better and feel mor comfortable with it than the Deus.

Jason

I'm most impressed with the new headphones of late!
If V3 is as nice as them,... I'm not going to complain one bit.

Read SwampeR's previous posts in the CTX3030 forum. I'm not so sure the plug wasn't pulled 9 months ago.

I have the Deus and the CTX, right now I use the Deus 75% of the time. It fits the locations that I am detecting better. Looking forward to Version 3, just to see what it has.

As has been said, there are no bad detectors - if there were the company would either pull them or go out of business especially with the Internet allowing instant feedback to be provided.

The CTX 3030 is a good detector and yes, people are making good finds with it. But if you look at sub-forums for other brands / models. there are some killer finds coming out with that equipment as well. It comes down to what you want / need in a detector, where you plan on using it, how much you are willing to pay for it and then simply the "it feels right" factor . . . I know over the years I have picked up a detector that was highly rated yet for some intangible reason it just did not click with me and I moved onto something else. Anyone ever sell their detector to get something else and soon have buyer's remorse when they find the new machine just does not measure up to their old one for some reason?

Forums are great sources of information but personal opinions / bias does cloud that information at times. People use screen names that mask who they are and that is simply how the Internet works . . . . . but you always wonder if there is a reason behind posts that talk down someting or on the other hand, rave about something. Metal detectors are no exception.

When a post is made that reads "Sorry I've waited long enough, purchased a new CTX today! Two friends I hunt with have CTX's and I will say they have impressed me enough to jump ship" and then a quick review of past posts indicates that this is not quite accurate, one does have to ask that question . . . . . what is the basis for the post? A post on the CTX 3030 forum from last June by the poster read "Sorry it took so long to get back to you Doc went out for a short hunt, I have a pre order that I picked up from a dealer at 12:01am memorial day at his late nite shop event. "

Without trying to start a debate, let me say that I have and use a CTX 3030 along with several other detectors inlcuding the Deus and E-Trac on a regular basis. I often bring multiple machines to sites and then compare in-ground targets before recovering them with the different units to see how each reacts. This let's me see what the strong and weak points of each are and make an informed decision as to which one to use when I am on a serious hunt at a specific site and there is no "one machine fits all conditions" choice. At times it simply comes down to "I feel like using XXXX today" . . . . . not very technical but having options does allow that.

I have worked with people setting up and programming their CTX 3030 and they in turn have gone on to make some great finds. I have met others using other detectors that have done the same. The machine that works for you in your area and brings home the finds is the right detector plain and simple.

Enjoy what you swing . . . . . field time is more enjoyable that way!

Andy Sabisch

LOL! This cracks me up! Boo hoo! I am tired of waiting for an update so I bought a better machine so there!

Ha ha ha!!!

I've owned my Deus for almost 10 months and I am just NOW getting comfortable with ONE program and a few of the settings. It will take me another year before I MAY need more than what I have.

Once I began to understand the Deus, my finds increased dramatically. And everytime I collapse the thing into the Spaceship Enterprise, I smile with smug satisfaction.

BTW, the other day I was hunting with it and a group of 10 year olds came by to see what I was doing. One of the boys exclaimed with admiration "It doesn't have any wires!". Ah, I saw right there and then a future Deus fan.

As Andy says, if your detector finds you stuff, then keep it. But coming here and showing us how you bought a heavier detector, with a transmitter you HAVE to clip somewhere on your body (another damn thing to carry!) and priced higher than the Deus, because the update didn't show up when YOU wanted it..well, it's just downright silly.

I agree with Andy there are no bad detectors ... when your dealing with the top manufacturers. Being a dealer I have the luxury of trying them all and they all have pros and cons, but it comes down to preference and what works best for you. I have been detecting close to 20 years and I can honestly say the Deus is my favorite detector and fits my style of hunting and yes im looking forward to 3.0 just to see what its going to have but 2.0 is more than enough for me. As far as finds, I know certain detectors look better on paper than others but honestly it comes down to knowing your detector inside and out. For example on paper the Deus looks better than the GTI 2500, but I bet if I (with my Deus) went hunting with Charles Garrett and his GTI 2500 that he would out hunt me every time. Also check out how many great finds have been made with ACE 250's or F2's, I even noticed in the last issue of American Digger Magazine a guy found 2 1800's gold coins with a Bounty Hunter. So, the point im trying to make is there are no bad detectors, whats bad for one person is ideal for another person, all of these metal detectors are capable of making great finds it just comes down to your preferences and what works best for you and knowing your detector the best you possible can.

If you were digging foil then you must not have had the Deus set correctly for the type of hunting you were doing . . . . running 18 kHz and digging all the low signals I would guess . . . . there is no reason you shoudl have been digging foil for more than 10 minutes with out making an adjustment to be able to bypass those targets

But as we have said, if the CTX 3030 "floats your boat" and you are happy with what you are finding, use what works for you . . . good luck in your hunts . . . although looking at your past posts, you seemto be far from happy with the CTX 3030 and the issues that you have had with the detector and Minelab . . . . . again, best of luck in the field with whatever unit you opt to swing

Andy Sabisch

You need hands on demonstration help.

By what Iam hearing and the numeric readout I rarely dig foil.

I use to have a little comp with the Deus and ignore what it was trying to trell me and the Deus won everytime.

Now I trust what it is telling me.

You wait until you see the rubbish been dig out by the CTX3030 on the new history channel television series starting next month.:cheers: Jerry.