Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus V3

Goodmore

We have all been down this same tired road of complaining that the V3.0 has not been released countless times already. The "I am, tired of waiting and have left my Deus hanging on the wall because V3.0 is not available " seems to be a waste of time on the keyboard when one could be out finding stuff. The amount of finds made with V2.0 speaks volumes about the abilities of the CURRENT model. XP could have done what other manufacturers do and simply released V3.0 as a DEUS II or DEUS SE or a DEUS PRO . . . . . and people would have bought them. That could have eliminated the wait for a free software update that enhances the performance of a solid performer. I don't remember First Texas offering a free upgrade to T2 or F75 owners when the LTD models were released . . . . .

You have moved on and that is everyone's choice . . . I hate to say it but there is no perfect machine for all applications and for all users - if there was, the other companies would be out of business. Each of us needs to find the machine that we click with and when we do, hunting becomes something to enjoy rather than becoming frustrated with a detector that we simply can't connect with. There have been detectors that are highly acclaimed but for one reason or another, I never connected with it and moved on . . . . but blaming that on not having a new version available seems silly.

Each manufacturer is working on new models . . . . why not carry the "no V3.0" argument further and refuse to buy any detector until the new model comes out . . . . but then what . . . . there may in fact be yet another model in the wings so should we wait even longer?

Minelab has some amazing technology and decades of finds attest to that. Having been involved in all of the new product developments up through the E-Trac, I stand by what they have done and still do in the field. But I am not going to say that they are the absolute best detectors for any application . . . . . being brand loyal is one thing but being brand blind is another. Over the years I have changed what detectors I rely on based on how they perform in the type of hunting I do and as technology changes, the detectors I take in the field change.

Version 3.0 is in the home stretch but if anyone feels that the new software is needed to make the Deus work in the field they are kidding themselves . . . . . use the unit, learn what it is telling you and then leverage the benefits provided by V3.0 when it is offered as a FREE download. The fact that XP is offering the upgrade with new functions and features at NO COST says a lot about the company and the owner. Not wanting to get into the discussion of how "free upgrades" have been offered by another company for their high-end model . . . . there are differences between upgrades to address issues and upgrades to enhance performance.

Andy

As has been stated many times, to each his own. You have to like and be comfortable with your choice of detector and what it can do. If you don't like a machine, move on, it's everyone's choice to do so if that's how they feel. Personally for me, with my extensive physical impairments, the Deus is very good as it is. In my condition, and age, if I can recover a dime at 8" - 10", that's great, and the Deus will do that. I don't really want to dig deeper than that anymore. I also don't hunt and recover enough worthwhile targets to justify the expense of a machine like the CTX, actually that could probably be said for the Deus as well but I bought the Deus mainly for how lightweight it is and it's the only detector I can swing day in and day out and not be bothered by back and shoulder pain afterwards. Is it better than the Deus, certainly, in the right conditions. Will it find enough targets that the Deus won't to justify spending the extra money and putting up with the extra discomfort I get when using a heavier machine, no, not for the areas I hunt. For those that it will find the extra targets and can handle the weight, then that is exactly what you should do and not think twice about it.

i found this video for those who are sitting and waiting on V3 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsZpRGgW6Tw

The Beta V3 video atleast showed, that there are possibly to save 8 user created programs and of course the new gold program.

I have a couple detectors that have never been updateable via software. They have however been re-engineered and if I wanted the upgrade, I had to buy the new version at full price.
Version 2 cost $0 and version 3 is expected to cost $0, how does it get any better than that?
I don't get the fuss about a delay when the current product is outstanding?

Ism said:
I have a couple detectors that have never been updateable via software. They have however been re-engineered and if I wanted the upgrade, I had to buy the new version at full price.
Version 2 cost $0 and version 3 is expected to cost $0, how does it get any better than that?
I don't get the fuss about a delay when the current product is outstanding?

Well said . . . . . the upgradeability is a first in the industry - XP could have made a pile more money selling a new model each time an update came out . . . . . look at the Explorer II, SE and SE Pro . . . . three models and three purchases although there was little that was changed other than the algorithim that powered the units, the coil and a decal . . . . the update has taken longer as a result of testing not only the software but the download function . . . . care to imagine how many Deus owners will be hitting the server the first week the update is released? Providing the software to those involved in the testing worldwide is one thing but when you multiply the number by 1,000's, there is another piece that XP is ensuring goes without a hitch.

:cheers:

What part of

I just started using a Deus so I don't really know what the big deal is to get on with V3. I guess the sooner the better before I get too familiar with menus and numbers. I think I am forever scarred from the Etrac being ingrained in my brain... Every time around lunch when I glance at the clock I see 12:13, nickel, and so on up to quarters... Will it ever go away? Love the Deus so far. I guess normalized numbers at different frequencies would be nice. But would that take away the ability to swap frequencies and ID bottle caps? Probably not but I won't be downloading V3 in the first week until some of the old pro's with the Deus have given their thoughts.

Diggler said:
I just started using a Deus so I don't really know what the big deal is to get on with V3. I guess the sooner the better before I get too familiar with menus and numbers. I think I am forever scarred from the Etrac being ingrained in my brain... Every time around lunch when I glance at the clock I see 12:13, nickel, and so on up to quarters... Will it ever go away? Love the Deus so far. I guess normalized numbers at different frequencies would be nice. But would that take away the ability to swap frequencies and ID bottle caps? Probably not but I won't be downloading V3 in the first week until some of the old pro's with the Deus have given their thoughts.

Remember that the option to revert back to V2.0 will be available . . . . . when you download the new software, it actually will store it on the memory chips and keep the V2.0 software if desired.

A number of features / functions have been added or existing ones enhanced in V3.0 and what you will see is that XP actually listens to end users . . . they incorporate what makes sense and the digital platform of the Deus allows these changes to be made via the Internet.

By the way, your comment about identifying bottle caps by swapping frequencies shows you see the benefit provided by the shifting Target ID values . . . . . having a bag of tricks in the field is the secret of success - what works in a public park might not be what you want to use in a Civil War battefield or an English farmfield but knowing what they are enhances the verstility of the Deus. :clapping:

Andy Sabisch

By the end of June that is my final answer. It was just a joke I was kidding. I am sure it will be here soon. Folks have predicted it will be here by the end of the month for 6+ months now so I figured it was my turn. Only I am sure I am right this time by the end of June wait and see you heard it here first. :spin:

You will not be able to do it in the field simply due to how the actual process is activated and coordinated between the control unit, the coil and the headphone(s) . . . . . people are looking at this as if you toss the current detector out the window and start all over with the V3.0 update which is not the case . . . . . there may be people that are doing well and see no need to change who may opt to stay with V2.0 as some did when V2.0 came out and remained with V1.1 for some time.

Most hunters will step up and see what the new functions will do in the field for them . . . . . that is one thing that XP is ensuring works smoothly since the number of people that will be connecting to their server to download the update will be quite large initially . . . so not only have they had to test the software for the detector itself but the conduit software for the update.

If you want V2.0, simply plug your USB cord in when you get home and before you get your shoes off the process will be complete - and restoring V3.0 takes the same amount of time

Andy Sabisch

I bought my Deus V2 last year. My finds skyrocketed.

So confident and impressed i am with V2 that I have now decided that I will pull silver coins from EVERY park dating to 1949 and before (that's 26 parks in my city). I have pulled silver from 12 of them so far and the year is not quite halfway done.

This may not seem like a big deal but my city is post Civil War and we have 2 or three large metal detecting clubs active at any given time so pulling silver from our parks has become sort of a Herculean task...yet, I am doing it with the Deus V2.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if V3 makes the Deus even better, I pity all the people without one.

that's great. now you can leave the factory programs alone and still have your own version of nearly every one of them as well. if they hadn't added a 10th one you could have had a matchting personal version of each one but anyone advanced enough to need that will most likely not need one or both of the basic ones. and here in west texas i'd have scant need of either beach one either.

/guy

The English guys are telling me V3 is to address the concerns of the American Market. Any thoughts on this? I'm doing very well with the Deus great machine.