Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New E-trac almost here...The Big Question???

Jackalope

Considering I ordered it almost a week ago, it should be here already. But that's another story.

Like most folks getting a new detector, I've been studying the manual and Andy's book diligently. Seems like getting the right combination of settings makes a world of difference. From what I've read, you can have everything set for you're maximum benefit but if the E-trac can't handle the ground mineralization well...forget it.

So, that's what I'm concerned about. If the best I can do is the low teens with the Auto-sens, I'm back to square one. V3 maybe??? HH

Ron

You might as well get rid of the E-Trac now. If your not happy with it before you even get it, I'm sure you won't put in the 100 hours you need to learn how to use it well.

Give it time man,u don't even own it yet.Remember,there is a reason that we all love ours and rave about them.The great thing about the E-trac is that are very easy to customize to your liking.

I just stepped outside to try the etrac in my test garden before I posted, just to make sure of what I was going to say, I've got a clad dime at 5", 6" and 7" with the 7" dime having a nail around 2" off to the side of it. With the etrac on manual sens,and the sens @12, I can pick up the 5" & 6" dime really good, and the 7" really hits better at sens 12 than it does at a higher sens. So I wouldn't worry to much about how high you can run the sens, it'll go deep even at low sens. I was running auto sens, but started running manual and keeping it a couple of numbers above the suggested sens. Was running it like that this afternoon, and in the middle of a whole slew of square nails, got a 1917 merc at over 7" and at the time was running the sens at 17, almost a constant null on the threshold, there was so many nails. Give the etrac a chance before you doubt it. HH ken-ks

Just a little bit jaded here and not wanting to get my expectations up too high. Soil here in WY appears to be at the upper end of extreme, which I believe will be a real test for the E-trac. The manual gives a routine for deciding whether to use Neutral or Difficult but I'm pretty sure Difficult will be needed. I'll do the routine anyway, noise cancel, Quick Mask wide open and see what happens in my test garden. At least what's left of it, as my Border Collie digs up the coins almost as fast as I plant them. You never want to get a dog that's smarter than you are.

Ron

Jackalope said:
my Border Collie digs up the coins almost as fast as I plant them. You never want to get a dog that's smarter than you are.

Ron[/quote
Whats the dogs name "Digger" ??

I'm thinking maybe he'll stop digging if I give him an allowance. Only dog I've ever seen that will throw the ball for himself. Sitting here staring at me right now.

Ron