Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New E-Trac User

rekindled77

Hi all. I have been detecting for about 8 years with a Fisher F2. I came across a great deal on buying a used e-trac and garrett at pro locally. I have spent the past two weeks using the e-trac and plan to focus on learning this machine very well as I have seen great reviews and finds with this machine online. I have only used it in my yard so far. We just moved into a 100+ year old home in oklahoma. This yard is FULL of old iron nails buried 10+ inches that I have dug because they register as a quarter. I have found a few unique things but not a single coin at all. I have a call setup with Andy Sabisch this Saturday and he is going to walk me through setting up my etrac properly. I have also ordered a Detech 8*6 butterfly coil per his recommendation. I am looking forward to continue learning this machine and the finds it will bring.

Reach out to Elmy on this site, too. He appears to be quite proficient with this detector and probably has more experience with it than even Mr. Sabisch. Good luck with this fine machine.

Reach out to Elmy on this site, too. He appears to be quite proficient with this detector and probably has more experience with it than even Mr. Sabisch. Good luck with this fine machine.
I tried to send a message to him after seeing the posts about his pattern. It wouldn't let me send one though. But I did get his pattern and settings to try.

Hi all. I have been detecting for about 8 years with a Fisher F2. I came across a great deal on buying a used e-trac and garrett at pro locally. I have spent the past two weeks using the e-trac and plan to focus on learning this machine very well as I have seen great reviews and finds with this machine online. I have only used it in my yard so far. We just moved into a 100+ year old home in oklahoma. This yard is FULL of old iron nails buried 10+ inches that I have dug because they register as a quarter. I have found a few unique things but not a single coin at all. I have a call setup with Andy Sabisch this Saturday and he is going to walk me through setting up my etrac properly. I have also ordered a Detech 8*6 butterfly coil per his recommendation. I am looking forward to continue learning this machine and the finds it will bring.
The Detech 8*6 butterfly coil is a must have! You won't be sorry. I keep that coil on mine. I own most coils for the Etrac except the larger coils. The 8x6 is a keeper.

The Detech 8*6 butterfly coil is a must have! You won't be sorry. I keep that coil on mine. I own most coils for the Etrac except the larger coils. The 8x6 is a keeper.
Not the first person I have heard this from. Glad to hear it is a great coil!

I have good luck with both the 12 x 10 and the Ultimate 13". I have had a lot of detectors over the past 40+ years, for me now the E-Trac is all the detector I need.

Ron in WV

Here the settings that I use, and you will see from my notes that most came from Elmy. I have also sent these setting to Elmy and he says they are not just like his but close and they will work.

Based on Elmy’s Magic Settings and his 1-10 Pattern
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensitivity = Auto +3, and manual whatever the area can stand.
Threshold level = (17) Elmy’s says NO HIGHER THAN 20 & he says this is a very important setting.
Volume limit = (15), Adjust this headphone volume control.
Volume Gain = (30) at a lower like 24 this setting it gives a sound of something deep or smaller in size. Air tested this with big and small silver to get a different volume at max depth.
Response set for = (Long) Long, Smooth, Normal, in that order. Elmy sent me a video about the long setting that showed me what the long setting is doing. Big break through when I started using Long. The manual says long may add some depth. Don’t think I would use (Pitch Hold)
Tone ID = 4 tones, & (2) tones, when running ferrous. Multi when running conductive.
Sounds set for = (Ferrous) & now back working conductive. Ferrous is better for running by sounds and then check meter ID.
Variability = (30),
Limit = (30) Leave set at 30 but only works when tones are set to Multi. Reason for running Multi tones.
Threshold Pitch = set first, (15) for me, once you get what you like don’t change this one it makes everything sound different.
Recovery Deep = (off) in high iron trash, with low iron trash run on. Also deep ON slows the response speed down, more filtering. On=Better ID. On and off air tested the same. So off should get better separation.
Recovery Fast = (on) if the trash is real bad run this on. On=Filters off, off = filters on with better ID
Trash Density = (high)
Ground = difficult, the ground in my yard tested in difficult sensitivity at 25 with sound at 26 and neutral made it to 26 with sound at 27. Need to run the same test in the park with the 5.5” coil before hunting.
Noise Cancel = Run this manual at 2 for silver. For all coins run at 11.
Contrast down to 12 helps you see the screen in sun light. This was a good tip from forum.
Pinpoint Mode= normal
Show Sensitivity = on
Show mode info = off
Display Timeout Elmy’s suggestion is on.

Hope this helps,