Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Etrac guy joining the forum!

Well I decided that I’m going with the etrac. Any tips and tricks are welcome. I’ve gotta get 8 more silvers this year for my goal of 100! Thanks everyone for helping me decide.
Remember...It takes a lot of patience with the etrac....it will blow your mind at all the stuff you can adjust and all the tones it throws at you. ....The # 1 thing is to listen to the etrac on each dig and learn the sounds of trash, iron, and each and every coin has it's own tone....If your hearing is good....you will be able to tell them by tone....you have many, many coils to choose from......each one has a purpose. IT WILL TAKE TIME.....
If you don't want to give it time to get know it.....It may not be a good fit for you....some bounce from one machine to another....If you are that person...it will not fit you. If you want to put hours on it......
IT IS WHAT THEY CALL......a silver coin magnet.

Remember...It takes a lot of patience with the etrac....it will blow your mind at all the stuff you can adjust and all the tones it throws at you. ....The # 1 thing is to listen to the etrac on each dig and learn the sounds of trash, iron, and each and every coin has it's own tone....If your hearing is good....you will be able to tell them by tone....you have many, many coils to choose from......each one has a purpose. IT WILL TAKE TIME.....
If you don't want to give it time to get know it.....It may not be a good fit for you....some bounce from one machine to another....If you are that person...it will not fit you. If you want to put hours on it......
IT IS WHAT THEY CALL......a silver coin magnet.
Yes that is one of the reasons I got it. I’m up for a challenge! Coming from a SIMPLEx this will have a learning curve...

Go through a very junky area a couple times till your happy. Then go into all metal, turn your volume on your headphones off and just dig by vid numbers and where on the screen the target lands. I dont know any other detector you can do that other than the ctx and etrac.

Give it 6 months before trying this. Learn the machine first.

Have fun with it. Go with a buddy and pull a quarter at 10 plus inches and look at there face when they see how deep the hole is.

Yes that is one of the reasons I got it. I’m up for a challenge!
Go through a very junky area a couple times till your happy. Then go into all metal, turn your volume on your headphones off and just dig by vid numbers and where on the screen the target lands. I dont know any other detector you can do that other than the ctx and etrac.

Give it 6 months before trying this. Learn the machine first.

Have fun with it. Go with a buddy and pull a quarter at 10 plus inches and look at there face when they see how deep the hole is.
Especially since the only other detectorist I’ve seen around here who is also my hunting buddy uses a tracker 4! 🤣

Update: the seller backed out on the deal at the last minute. I offered him 450 but he said he didn’t want to sell it. I am going to try to find another one, or a different machine that I wanted.

Just when I was going tell you everything you need to know about the E-Trac. :LOL:

Hope you can find a good deal on another one.
I have had my E-Trac several years now and this past season I have started to figure out what the E-Trac can do.

Update: the seller backed out on the deal at the last minute. I offered him 450 but he said he didn’t want to sell it. I am going to try to find another one, or a different machine that I wanted.
He must have read this forum.

Yep... a 400 dollar etrac is almost impossible to find....a gift in fact.

As stated already, the e-trac is a great machine for silver. There are so many options for custom settings and patterns to suit you.
A lot of people use two-tone ferrous. I started with the coin mode to learn the machine, and eventually made my own custom patterns.
There are so many videos on YouTube. Check em out.

Sorry that the deal fell through. Hope you find one. You could read up or watch videos until then.

As stated already, the e-trac is a great machine for silver. There are so many options for custom settings and patterns to suit you.
A lot of people use two-tone ferrous. I started with the coin mode to learn the machine, and eventually made my own custom patterns.
There are so many videos on YouTube. Check em out.

Sorry that the deal fell through. Hope you find one. You could read up or watch videos until then.
Thanks, I have one ordered now! I will watch videos and I got Andy’s book.

Just when I was going tell you everything you need to know about the E-Trac. :LOL:

Hope you can find a good deal on another one.
I have had my E-Trac several years now and this past season I have started to figure out what the E-Trac can do.
Well I did end up getting one. If you get a chance I would really appreciate some of your tips! Thanks so much!

good info and tips on operating the e-trac....

One thing that really is an advantage with the Minelab is how S-L-O-W you can move that coil and pick things out of heavy trash areas. It will take some time to train your ears/brain to listen for the sounds you want to dig, so try to be patient. Years ago I carried a worn silver dime with me and reburied it at various depths into the side of a dug hole in trashy areas just to help me learn the differences. Once you get there, you will then have to go back to every site you ever hunted and re-work them!

Welcome,learn that Etrac and it will serve you well,that’s what i have used for Over 10 years.If
Your after Silver that’s the machine to have.