Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New ETRAC owner

BSBIKER1

Just recently upgraded to the ETRAC from a Fisher F4 where the signal indication was a 2 digit number, now it's a 4 digit number, when I read all the forums and YouTube videos, every one refers to the 4 digit numbers, 12-48, 13-13, 08-32, just examples, as matter of fact that a 12-?? or a 08-?? or what evr the number wpould be as a Merc Dime or a Rosey or a Gold Ring etc. My question is how dose everyone actually know what the numbers refer to? Is this writted someplace or is it trail and error and if is the latter how do you know if you never found that particular FE-CO series before? I am hoping there is some simple rhyme or reason to help me identify the target refering tto the FE-CO ID I am looking at on the screen.

Thanks

I cant stress enough to learn the "sounds" of your new machine and don't look at the screen. It will lie to you every time with multiple targets in the areas and or when in bad iron. Andy Sabisch E-Trac book has all the info and more you are seeking. Its a must read for E-Trac users. Explains tons of info!

Congrats on the new machine. Its a AWESOME coin and ring sweeper!

I am barely out of newbie

So I get the comfort of numbers

The very first post on top above will help
copy it and have it with you while you detect, it is a process

as you get more experience with the sounds and numbers you will have it click

Good Luck and HH

Thanks for the info, the weather around here is finally turning to winter so field test days are few and far between

BSBIKER1 said:
Thanks , How do you determine the sounds that are worth digging, is there any references.\?

Well

Practice Practice Practice

I could say the high sounds tend to be better coins but that is just too simple and not totally correct

A sound and a number and the right area of the screen all help but still not a guarantee

Getting your ET in winter is a challenge so think outside the box and see what and where you can go and dig

Good Luck

BSBIKER while I wholly concur with Bart and Banditicy on the sounds is where it's at here is what I did.

Forget about the first numbers the FERROUS numbers for now don't really mean too much in the scheme of things for now.

I got a few coins like a zink penny a copper penny an Indian head penny a Nickle, a silver war nickle (1942-1945), a dime a quarter a silver dime and a silver quarter a half dollar and a silver half and a silver dollar and a few other items like gold and silver rings etc. then proceeded to wave them under the coil and see what the CONDUCTIVE numbers were. Somewhere on this website someone had posted a chart with all the coins and their numbers in fer and con so I memorized as many as I could for starters.

Then I went out and proceeded to dig most everything and listened to the TONES and got familiar with them. Since I knew fairly where most of those items should register at I had a fair idea what i was about to dig.

Numbers will change on deeper and more iffy stuff and there is where experience of use comes into play like with everything else.

At the top of the page for posted threads there is a sticky. Click on it and then click on the top link. It will give you numbers for many of the US Coins. These numbers can be skewed by many things so don't be too surprised if you see them somewhat different in the real world.

Thanks Tom, I guess the best thing to do is what you said and most of the other nice people that responded is to PRACTISE and dig everything that sounds like a strong signal.

Thanks Mike it looks like a very throughdescription, but winter is here in SW PA so I need to wait for a nicer day to get out and try the suggestions I recieved.

Hi Mole, Sounds great maybe we can get together sometime, weather permitting, Bill Shirley 412-582-5660 cell

If you can get a copy of Andy Sabisch's Explorer/Etrac book. Great winter reading and a ton of information

Tom in SC

I would suggest that you down load the "E-Trac Emulator" it is an E-Track simulator that runs on Windows It acts exactly like the real machine you can scan coins in it's data base to hear what they sound like and see the readings you will see on the E-Trac screen. You can down load Patterns and try them out, you can adjust audio and see what it sounds like and when you get every thing where you like it on the simulator punch the same settings into the real machine. You can google E-Trac Emulator or go to the minelab web sight to down load it or go to ( thebeepgoeson.com ) While you are there also down load the files for us coins this gives you 61 US coins to scan in the emulator. It's Will be a great help and speed up the learning curve. Don't forget to get Andy Sabisch's Explorer/Etrac book

I must disagree with ignoring the ferrous numbers. The Etrac platform is kinda based on the "12" line for the ferrous numbers. You will find that the "good" targets will expand above and below the "12" reading, but "usually" anything over "20" will be junk. As with any metal detector, you will be missing some good targets by discrimination. Get out and practice, even air tests will help you learn something. Tones first, readings and smartscreen to help identify. GL and HH. JMHO.

Thanks Dirt, maybe you can help me, I saw a youtube video where the screen showed the target as 3 different colored crossing lines, maybe red, blue and green but I cannot seem to find it again. I want to set it as one of screens. I think you went to the Expert menu.
Thanks

I think your referring to the White's V3I