Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Excal 800

Todd Pickens

Well its new to me. I got it in the mail today and put it on my Plugger shaft.and took it for a quick little spin. I went to the swimmen hole and waded around for about 30minutes. It sounds good. I dont know how old it is but all the cords look great, the blue head phones look almost new and the knobs are still tight. It does have a new 1600 ma battery in the pod.
I will water test it this weekend. Didnt find much just trying to learn its language.
2012-09-20190352_zps4ec09978.jpg

She's a BEAUTY and I own 2 just like that one! She will do you proud. You have some tremendous resources to read and learn here.

I agree, nice looking unit. Always liked the blue phone the best for the tones.

I used to be a Minelab dealer a few years ago. I sold a few of the Excal II but I never got one for myself. 2 of the units I sold had to go back to Minelab. This unit is really clean and the cords and cord grips look great. I know the guy that owned used it because the box was full of sand and the coil cover had sand all in it. It also has a new 1600 ma battery in the pod.
I was going to due the Peltor phones upgrade but for now I think I will leave it alone.
Thanks

thats the one i have! mine has 5 wires instead of the more common four.
chuck.