Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new excal II owner--need crash course

boog

I hunted with my e-trac at the ocean and came close to getting swamped---hence I purchased an excal II. This machine seems to be a pretty much turn on and go machine since I do understand ( at least I think so ) the control panel fairly well. I just watched a video about the different tones put out on different targets--which was good but I feel that no target in the water should be left in place ( at least at the beach ). I will be going to the Outer Banks for two weeks and have heard mixed reviews but I am the type of hunter that will be happy just finding clad and hopefully a goody or two. What advice from you seasoned excal users can you relate to me to have an edge when I get started? I promise I'll post pictures. Thanks, Boog

I live on the outer banks and suggest that you go no further than Nags Head As you get to the sothern part of Nags Head the Federal Park Service starts Get caught with a detector and there is a stiff fine for first time violators.

Crash as it gets................ Is to glue a new dime to the inside of your left shoe and a nickle to the right inside toe area of your shoe for reference to the tones...make sure there no other metals in the shoes, then swing the detector over each shoe when you need a refresh on the tones........ dig mid tones {right shoe}, all ruff tones and NO high tones {left shoe}....If your hunting for gold...

Hunt this weekend in Jersey waters using this method of digging mid tones only................. 2 14k, 1 silver, 1 old brass ring, junker cross & earing..........coins 34 nickles, 2 quarters {which came up together with a dime} 2 dimes..a few pennies, one 54 wheaty...the silver ring came up as a ruff tone, that's how it got dug........you will miss silver coins and all.............being the OBX, you may want to dig everything, and hunt Al metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQay_zerS1U