Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New finds with 3030

JOSHUAWCOLVEY

In my front yard there is a side walk that i have hunted about 4 ft out on each side every single time i go to my front yard to learn or practice. It has been pounded with a cheap detector, the AT pro, the deus on every freq wide open, Coin master pro and now the 3030. I have went back and forth both ways taking very short steps not to miss a single inch.

I went out side ground balanced and set it to coin program. It was the factory program is came on. m1p1.

I started like i always do at one end on one side all the way down then back up the other side. Here is what i found. It was about 4 inches deep but still had a metal type ring holding them together.

Not saying the 3030 is better but i bet i have hunted this sidewalk more than 50 times and it would be odd to say that i missed it by swinging over it?

This was about 30 min hunt in a well hit yard lol.

Anyways here they are.

Good to hear it found something the others missed. Question, what made you dig it with the CTX, and not the other detectors? Do you recall what the FE/CO numbers were?

GKMan said:
Good to hear it found something the others missed. Question, what made you dig it with the CTX, and not the other detectors? Do you recall what the FE/CO numbers were?

I dug it bc i heard it lol. I dig everything. I wish i would have wrote down what it numbered at. There needs to be an easy app that allows you to take a picture and name it with the numberss and machine. Heck lets put a camera on the back side of the lcd screen on the 3030 built in that when you find something you can log it with gps, photo and id# lol

Well the CTX must have been better at something then.

Where it was at was at the end of the sidewalk where it meets the driveway. I think i may havhe been turning and missing the swing there or it might have even been blending in or hitting in with iron or something.. Who knows.

Enter your find location into the GPS and then using xEchange2 pair it with a pic from your cell phone later. The CTX will automatically save the settings + FeCO#s it had when you pushed the Generate Findpoint button.

warning: there are people who frequent the forums that will go apeS if you suggest adding another useful feature to a CTX. If they didn't use it in the 60', it doesn't need to be on any machine of today!

Did you Noise Cancel before hunting? That's the only other tweek I can think of that may help on a given day.

It's amazing how diligent you can be with sweeping,covering ALL the ground....though I do use the 17" coil a lot,I personally feel I don't miss the stuff down to the 8" range as much with the stock coil. I just happen to like a coil that is round in nature,whether it be DD or concentric for my other machine(s). It doesn't necessarily happen to have anything to do with anything,I just like round coils. At times it may be that a larger coil,specifically the "footballs",get pushed along faster because that's what it's supposed to do....cover ground. Used PROPERLY,they do that. Used IMPROPERLY,a large coil can be a detriment. And Josh,the fact you missed an entire set of keys can be chalked up to chance,it takes very little to miss a lot. If you saw the coins my buddy and I have missed after searching the same ground for literally 3-4 years,you'd laugh out loud. Sometimes,it really is just a fluke.
Keep swinging that thing,as with other machines you've used it'll all come into view with time. I like using 50 tone Conductive,just my ears like hearing what the coin might be,as opposed to a single higher tone could be all the way down to an Indian. But I came from the EX2,so I'm used to that. You can decide as time goes by what works for you. I'll all but guarantee that you will learn to love that machine. And down the road get a 17" coil if you can. They are quite useful in the right situation and can really solidify targets in that 8-11" range.
Lots of great machines out there,this is just one of them with some new stuff to try out. And if I ever get tired of it I can always get the EX2 out and actually learn it....:rolleyes:

Sorry for the OT post, but its good to see I'm not the only CTX swinger that prefers 50C. I don't understand why anyone limits the audio input to their brain by not running it, but to each his own. I came to the CTX from the Safari, so 50C was a natural for me.

IDXMonster said:
It's amazing how diligent you can be with sweeping,covering ALL the ground....though I do use the 17" coil a lot,I personally feel I don't miss the stuff down to the 8" range as much with the stock coil. I just happen to like a coil that is round in nature,whether it be DD or concentric for my other machine(s). It doesn't necessarily happen to have anything to do with anything,I just like round coils. At times it may be that a larger coil,specifically the "footballs",get pushed along faster because that's what it's supposed to do....cover ground. Used PROPERLY,they do that. Used IMPROPERLY,a large coil can be a detriment. And Josh,the fact you missed an entire set of keys can be chalked up to chance,it takes very little to miss a lot. If you saw the coins my buddy and I have missed after searching the same ground for literally 3-4 years,you'd laugh out loud. Sometimes,it really is just a fluke.
Keep swinging that thing,as with other machines you've used it'll all come into view with time. I like using 50 tone Conductive,just my ears like hearing what the coin might be,as opposed to a single higher tone could be all the way down to an Indian. But I came from the EX2,so I'm used to that. You can decide as time goes by what works for you. I'll all but guarantee that you will learn to love that machine. And down the road get a 17" coil if you can. They are quite useful in the right situation and can really solidify targets in that 8-11" range.
Lots of great machines out there,this is just one of them with some new stuff to try out. And if I ever get tired of it I can always get the EX2 out and actually learn it....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. Ill have to get Andys book or the manual out tonight and check how to change the tones..

I would love to have the large coil but i would like to get used to the stock right now.

Champ Ferguson said:
Enter your find location into the GPS and then using xEchange2 pair it with a pic from your cell phone later. The CTX will automatically save the settings + FeCO#s it had when you pushed the Generate Findpoint button.

warning: there are people who frequent the forums that will go apeS if you suggest adding another useful feature to a CTX. If they didn't use it in the 60', it doesn't need to be on any machine of today!

Did you Noise Cancel before hunting? That's the only other tweek I can think of that may help on a given day.

This would be so much easier if xchange 2 worked on my win 10 pc. I have an older laptop with win 8 that it works on so ill give it a shot next time im out. Thanks for the info. Also thanks for the info on the depth when ground balancing. Ill give that a shot and run my front yard again as well. There are a lot areas that go quite when it hits items not in the coin profile. I have been doing the noise cancel when i start as well.

Thanks again everything!!

Not ground balancing (tho manually doing that might be worth playing with too), but Noise Canceling. Probably wont help, but on the off chance theres some EMI in the area, it should.

Been following your thread on Win10 problems. I think youll be able to do all the tricks once you sort out your software problems. I have read of others running xChange2 and Win10 on the forums. I run Win7 and refuse to let Win10 come near my computers. Microsoft claims all rights to your privacy (which you agree to by using Win10) and the right to sell/whatever it at their sole discretion. My next computer will be Linux run- actually already picked it out at system76.

Champ Ferguson said:
Not ground balancing (tho manually doing that might be worth playing with too), but Noise Canceling. Probably wont help, but on the off chance theres some EMI in the area, it should.

Been following your thread on Win10 problems. I think youll be able to do all the tricks once you sort out your software problems. I have read of others running xChange2 and Win10 on the forums. I run Win7 and refuse to let Win10 come near my computers. Microsoft claims all rights to your privacy (which you agree to by using Win10) and the right to sell/whatever it at their sole discretion. My next computer will be Linux run- actually already picked it out at system76.

The software is not "actually" designed for windows 10. There was an update in the Xchange software when windows updated to 8 from 7 as well. Not sure what my issue is but i ahve read of people that it was working fine on and then just stopped working one day. Not sure. I have a couple other things i want to try.

I have a older win 8 laptop i can run xchange on but i am still new to so much of the xchange and ctx that i am learning while having to learn this as well lol.

Isnt xchange mostly used for building your own programs and updating the ctx? I know i had read you sync gps and way point but if you dont use that its not used for much.

JOSHUAWCOLVEY said:
Champ Ferguson said:
...Isnt xchange mostly used for building your own programs and updating the ctx? I know i had read you sync gps and way point but if you dont use that its not used for much.

I use it to keep track of my Geohunts and findpoints as my primary use now that I have my basic programs worked out for the areas that I hunt.

Running the XChange2 on my Windows 10 laptop with only one problem. A defective MINELAB USB Cable...