Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Fisher F-19 shown at outdoor Expo in Germany

I am curious about why FTP is pushing a 19 Khz as a relic hunter. I understand why the GB2 and G2 are at 19 Khz for gold hunting as the nuggets are often very small, low conductors so the higher frequencies work well for that purpose. But I have always thought and read that 13 Khz like the F75/T2 and many other relic hunting machines use are a better choice as they provide better response on high conductors such as silver and copper. I understand that the higher a frequency a machine uses the better resolution it can get but relic hunting isn't just about finding small targets and my understanding is that higher frequency don't penetrate the ground as well as lower frequencies. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Awesome post SteveP(NH)

I hope You Bernie and I can get out this year.

Jason.

n/t

JASONSPAZ1 said:
Awesome post SteveP(NH)

I hope You Bernie and I can get out this year.

Jason.

Hey Jason - we keep planning to but one thing or another seems to crop up, either the weather is bad, or Bernie's dad has has been needing some of his time lately. One of these days the stars will align I am itching to get out. If this damn winter would finally end and the snow melt it would sure be a lot easier to detect. Plus it seems like the beaches are sanded in and picked over pretty good this time of year.

The gold detector market is covered well already, now a relic machine for significantly less than a T2 or F-75 - and it does everything the gold bug pro does (I suspect).

Dave Johnson's team strikes again. This will sell well in Europe as well as here, and the African gold market will like it as well. I would be willing to bet a weeks Social Security that First Texas is making the bulk of its profits from Africa. Chris Ralph is over there now with FT and his Facebook page is fascinating reading.

https://www.facebook.com/nevadaoutback

FT has blown Minelab totally out of the water in Africa (or more properly out of the jungle and the desert). Minelab's sales have collapsed and FT'S are apparently soaring.

The reason probably has a lot to do with price, but probably also with the cultural sensitivity of FT's marketing approach as opposed to the competition's. Chris' page shows how they do it.

We'll I like it , but just got the F75se and I will wait and see what teknetics come out with. The new Fisher sounds good. GS

It will be interesting to see how this new set of features affects the Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro. From the specs, it would appear to be an upgrade of the GB platform. It will be interesting to see whether it will replace the GBP at the same price point or whether the GBP will continue, and in either case, what the pricing will be.

As far as the 10" coil goes, it's something that the Gold Prospecting crowd has been requesting for quite a while.

Hey Lytle78...thanks for posting Chris' facebook page on his trip to Africa! Amazing! hard to imagine a gold rush of that magnitude..:drool:.

I wonder how many gold armbands that big crocodile has in its stomach?:shrug: A very great read...thank you!
Mud

lytle78 said:
It will be interesting to see how this new set of features affects the Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro. From the specs, it would appear to be an upgrade of the GB platform. It will be interesting to see whether it will replace the GBP at the same price point or whether the GBP will continue, and in either case, what the pricing will be.

As far as the 10" coil goes, it's something that the Gold Prospecting crowd has been requesting for quite a while.

I think this road starting from the design of the GBP is an alternative to the path taken by the GBP. I believe that First Texas with this product is trying to undermine that slice of the European market today prerogative of companies such as Xplorer (Goldmaxx power and Deus) in the relic, but at the same time Whites and Minelab in beach coin-shooting. :clsoedeyes: