Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Fisher Impulse friend got one today!

Mark kus

A friend I know just got I believe he said 1 of 99 released sent me a photo today he’s a great beach hunter always impressed with his gold finds!
I’m sure it won’t be long before he starts sending me photos of gold lol!
46D4ECAB-485C-49C8-ACA1-53336097DA47.png

Mark

Tell your friend congrats on the new toy. Is your friend on any forum? Hope to see some posts of your friend's thoughts and results.

Glad to see the first 100 of the A Q are starting to be shipped. Quite a bit of activity regarding this machine on a couple of other forums. HH jim tn

Yeah he’s stoked the more refined unit comes out this fall of course more money he already says the coil cord is a problem bad location he’s in Mass not sure if he’s on any forums...
Mark

Reactions: tvr
Thank you for the update. Wish him luck with his new toy!
Will do I said to him to bad it’s beach season lol
I’ll post some of his finds with it if he won’t mind just thought I’d let everyone know they are out probably all sold out lol
Mark

Here’s a quick air test result he sent me.
I just did some air tests on it. Very strange machine indeed. It is strictly a gold ring finder. In all metal it will find everything a bit better than a good multi frequency in depth, similar to my GPX. But on gold rings and nickels only, it finds them fairly deep for an air test, while in disc mode. But it will not find any earrings, crosses, chains etc… It is not a micro gold finder. I don’t think a lot of people are going to like the fact that it does not find ALL gold. We’ll see how it does at the beach.

Thanks for the report. I will do a "however" ... having followed the development threads for the past few years, it was advertised as designed to not find the micro stuff. There may be some tuning that can be done with the ATS control to bring in some of the smaller stuff; I can't say how much since I don't have one in my hands, but he can play with the settings and figure it out.

One experience I had with my F75LTD was beach hunting and not being able to find what the detector was obviously hitting on. I spent many minutes on my knees sifting sand by hand and running it across the coil, then picking the detector up and rescanning the sand, then repeating until I finally found a plastic sequin that was about 1/8 inch in diameter. The F75 was hitting on the one side metalized surface of this little plastic dot. Not what I want to be chasing at the beach and definitely not in the surf. I'd rather have the 1 gram plus pieces of gold that others aren't finding than trying to dig and add up 0.1 gram pieces.

Last edited:
8 shipped so far. The minimum pulse delay is short enough to find pretty small stuff, but tiny bits of foil. Objects smaller than a bb, etc. might be hard to detect. In the water, the salt will require a higher pulse delay and the smallest targets will be harder to detect, but since they would be almost impossible to recover, it isn’t significant.

Last edited:
The interaction between the ATS (Fisher for SAT) and pulse delay in all metal and those two controls plus the reject control in the tone or mute iron ID modes are the key adjustments which interact with each other to produce varying results depending on ground and target.

Very good data! Couple of nice to see things: Deeper in the sand than in the air. Open rings still at good depth, except the very small one. Platinum looks good too. Hope you get one of those open rings in the water with the AQ!
If I had a Palladium ring I'd send it for tests too, but in all the years I have yet to find one.
Chains are funny in that I've found link size to be more important than weight. Wife had a heavy hollow weave gold chain that not a single detector I have would see it, yet a much lighter chain with round loops could be detected.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to collect the data and post it!!