Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Fisher in the Works?

markg said:
I would like to see Fisher develop and release a new multi-frequency machine to knock Minlab off the top run of the ladder. Faster recovery than the Etrac and CTX and as light as the LTD.

IMHO this will probably not happen. Sad.

SteveP(NH) said:
markg said:
I would like to see Fisher develop and release a new multi-frequency machine to knock Minlab off the top run of the ladder. Faster recovery than the Etrac and CTX and as light as the LTD.

I'm curious why you guys think multi-frequency machines are better than single frequency machines? The only place I have seen where they have any advantage is in heavily mineralized soils. While they all seem to be slower at recovery times just because it takes longer to process multiple frequencies than it does to process just 1. Plus they all seem to be battery hogs compared to top of the line single frequency machines. I've got over 1000 hours in on Minelab Explorers and Whites DFX and VX3 am I missing something?

Many of us hunt in heavily mineralized soils (California), and the multifreqs have clear advantages for deep target hunting over the VLF's, we see it over and over again out here. If you have no mineralization, then I agree that a VLF can typically keep up with a ML, but once you start factoring in mineralization then the VLF's cannot typically keep up.

Mike Hillis said:
Some may naysay the displays, but the displays make things fun. Functional and Fun make the hobby great.

I couldn't agree more. A great example is the F5 vs the Garrett AT-Pro. With the 11" DD both are great machines, and IMHO are about on par in performacne and capabilities, even the control housing is about equal in size, BUT the F5 display is far supurior.

If Fisher would come out with a smaller, more light weight version of the CZ-21, I'd buy it tomorrow.

And the name for this New Detector is ......... Fisher DJ - named after the designer...lol

Try Euro

Cal_Cobra said:
Mike Hillis said:
Some may naysay the displays, but the displays make things fun. Functional and Fun make the hobby great.

I couldn't agree more. A great example is the F5 vs the Garrett AT-Pro. With the 11" DD both are great machines, and IMHO are about on par in performacne and capabilities, even the control housing is about equal in size, BUT the F5 display is far supurior.

What I like on the f5 is that it tells you when your ground balance is off, plus the Fe readings. My wife wants one for xmas, wish it was water proof like the AT

Smudge said:
If Fisher would come out with a smaller, more light weight version of the CZ-21, I'd buy it tomorrow.

I'm with you man.:clapping:

Cal_Cobra said:
SteveP(NH) said:
markg said:

I'm curious why you guys think multi-frequency machines are better than single frequency machines? The only place I have seen where they have any advantage is in heavily mineralized soils. While they all seem to be slower at recovery times just because it takes longer to process multiple frequencies than it does to process just 1. Plus they all seem to be battery hogs compared to top of the line single frequency machines. I've got over 1000 hours in on Minelab Explorers and Whites DFX and VX3 am I missing something?

Many of us hunt in heavily mineralized soils (California), and the multifreqs have clear advantages for deep target hunting over the VLF's, we see it over and over again out here. If you have no mineralization, then I agree that a VLF can typically keep up with a ML, but once you start factoring in mineralization then the VLF's cannot typically keep up.

I've found the opposite on true heavily mineralized ground. The multi frequency VLF's never lived up to hype of discriminating deeper, or hitting a signal deeper, than a top range single frequency VLF for me. But only on the real heavy ground, not the mildly mineralized ground in Cal.

Wet n salty sand though....multi all the way.

I don't know when FT will come out with a new detector. The only ones who do ain't talkin. With that being said, I believe FT will come out with something new before Garrett or Whites. Why do I say this? They've both had something new come out recently. FT hasn't. I will say that I wouldn't be surprised with a new offering from Garrett sometime next year. They're really starting to get on a roll now that many of the AT's line-up bugs have been worked out.

What will the new FT detector be? No idea. There are several ways in which they could go. I could see an all-terrain detector. That could be all it is. They could take, say, the Omega and T2, with their Fisher counterparts, and make them water resistant up to 10'. Who's to say?(I know what everyone thought. DaveJ.)

I'm still hoping for a light weight, multi-fequency unit with features that will rival the Minelab Etrac.