Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new forum member

Tony-Ok

Hello everyone! my name isTony,I am new to the forum but not to the great hobby of detecting,going on 36years with the last 19years with aCZ-5. I live in Edmond Oklahoma,I love hunting for deep old coins and tokens and jewelry! HH Tony

Tony,
Welcome aboard here.

I'm sure you know that CZ-5 very well! Great detector!
Cheers,
tvr

Indeed welcome...with all your CZ experience should be a good new addition and don't be afraid to chime in as nothing like experience speaking...

Hey Tony, good to have you. Great unit to own.

n/t

Welcome Tony form the Great State of NY...I love my CZ 7a Pro...Been doing a lot of work with the E-Trac lately though, trying to learn it.

HH,

Hello all!

I am new to the forum as well as to the sport! Well, to me it is a sport ;)

My grandfather and I had planned on metal detecting together and were never able to; however, he left me with his prized Fisher M-Scope CZ-6 Quicksilver. Since we were never able to go, he never got to teach me how to use it. Would anyone have a website or manual that I could refer to, to figure out how to do it? Pop pop would be proud if I took it out and started hunting again! Thank you so much for bearing with a beginner and happy hunting!

Ellese

Hello Ellese Welcome to the CZ Forum.the CZ-6 is defintely a prized detector.To get you out detecting quicker, make sure you have new batteries,then set your controls to the red numbers and normal mode.you can find a manual at the Fisher website. read itand learn the ground balance procedure. Sensitivity set to 3 to 3.5 Try to use agood set of Headphones Learning the audio is a key factor with the CZ. Get out and go detecting ,most of all have Fun!!!!!:twodetecting::twodetecting:

Ellese, your grand pop left you with his prized possession (my guess), I'll bet he loved loved that unit. I know a detector dealer that has access to hundreds of detectors, and still uses his trusty old cz6a.

Easy to use and learn....and deep. There is a cz guru on another site. He has done extensive tests with cz's. Not sure I can spell the name but his initials are T.D.

Thank you both for your help! I haven't been able to start it and I might need new headphones but I'm sure I can do it! I just found the Fisher website and am using a CZ-5 manual because they do not have my model on the website, although they seem similar enough to draw from the 5 manual.

And you are right Steve-O, Pop Pop loved that thing. He was an avid reader of the Lost Treasure magazines and even kept journals about his search (of course I am not sure where those got off to!) I will research more and hopefully be out hunting by the end of the month!

Thanks again! I will post later with success and maybe even a find or two!