Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW GARRETT AT PRO FAULTY PLEASE HELP

maliaros

Last monday I gave my ACE350 plus

Have you tried it in a different location besides the beach? Maybe EMI or loose wrapped coil wire on the shaft or it could be a loose coil connector.

Also did you try changing the frequency? Was anyone else detecting around you cause it could be cross talk between your AT-Pro and their detector.

Thanks for the fast reply.
I was hunting all alone ,I have tried all 4 frequencies, I re-wrap and re-attach the cable to be sure,I hunted the same beach with the ACE 350 with no issues but for the AT PRO was very first out tonight.
Thanks once again for the fast reply.

Did you try the reset? Turn it on and then hold down the on/off button until it chirps then release button, about 5 secs or so. That will reset it to factory specs. Mine will act like that sometimes too, the reset fixes it.

I will pray,cross my fingers and try the factory reset.
Thanks johnho.

So tomorrow morning I will have to escape again from the wife and daughters.:crazy:

Does your middle rod have cam locks? Cause if not you could have got a new old stock AT-Pro that had the falsing issue.

88junior said:
Does your middle rod have cam locks? Cause if not you could have got a new old stock AT-Pro that had the falsing issue.

I may be having the same problems. can you post a picture of old and new cam locks?

How about you call Garrett, tell them the problem and give them your serial number. They will know if it was one of the originals and if it has been upgraded.

I usually manually GB at he beach and down near the wet sand mine GB at 10 or lower!
Try Manually GB, I dont rely on the Auto especially near the wet sand.
Pete

Boothbay How about you call Garrett said:
Hey there the first AT's that had problems didn't have camlocks at all the best way to check for falsing is to lift your coil up and shake it fast side to side with it turned on if it sounds off you may have the falsing issue make sure you do this out away from EMI prone areas such as inside your house or garage.

I was having some stability issues with my AT Gold that sound similar to what you are experiencing. The cause was a misalignment of the mating contacts in the coil connector and with the ones in the control housing. If any of the male pins are bent slightly in either connector, they can "bayonet" the mating female contact causing an intermittent connection. You may wish to inspect the male pins on both the coil and control housing connectors to see if they are bent slightly or if there is evidence that the mating female contact(s) are damaged.

If you find a bent pin, you can try to straighten it however, I caution, that it is easy to do more harm than good. The pins can easily snap off if bent too far. It is also possible that the mating contact may be damaged to the point where it needs to be replaced. If this is the case, then you will need to send the machine to Garrett and have them do the repair.

Hope this helps!
DD

I don't know how the new and new old stock rods and lock should look so i added the pictures to comment.
i tried all range of manual GB and didn't make any difference.the pins and sockets of the coil connector all look strait and clear.
the serial number starts from 531 and on the warranty card that i suppose to fill and send the date 0513 is added, May of 2013.
the sure thing is that the local distributor didn't had a machine on stock and made the order for me direct from the factory.

when i shake/swing on air the machine is silence.

Are you talking saltwater? 87 seems high for dry sand. It's been a month but I remember mine balancing in the 50's in dry sand and in the teens in wet and water. You may be trying to GB over metal too. The beach near me is littered with tiny to large flakes of metal, at the waterline outward. Scrapings from a ship I think. Some can't be detected by the pin pointer.

Lakes are out of stock here in Cyprus. Salt water and the machine on auto GB couldn't stabilize to silence number, actually during GB the more in pump the more the numbers and tones were bouncing in 60s-50s range with non stop or any sing of improvement.

I have tried with no success to wet sand GB in several positions even manually. Note that a week ago my ace350 was performing very good on the same beach and spots.

I have factory reset the machine and I will try again this afternoon and if it still acting like that I will return the ATP to the distributor and get my ace350 back until the replacement machine comes.

I will go on 19:00 to check the machine again after re-assembling,factoring resetting etc.
I am already frustrated with all this and I don't want even to think the possibility that a weeks machine must sent to Germany for fix.

Try some dirt hunting and see how it goes. A salt beach can raise all kinds of issues for a single frquency machine. We here in the States have no idea about the amount of minerals in your beach sand.

88junior said:
Boothbay How about you call Garrett said:
Hey there the first AT's that had problems didn't have camlocks at all the best way to check for falsing is to lift your coil up and shake it fast side to side with it turned on if it sounds off you may have the falsing issue make sure you do this out away from EMI prone areas such as inside your house or garage.

This sound just like what is happening to mine. I will have to call Garrett on Friday. I have noticed that when I GB on dry sand its about mid 80's and wet sand/water its 9-14. when in the salt water it will start out fine and within 20 minutes there is so much feedback that i have to reset and start all over. All this is at South Florida Beaches.
I am using a protective cover on the coil, does this make any difference?
The pictures that MALIAROS posted is what my shaft looks like.

88junior
Boothbay
How about you call Garrett, tell them the problem and give them your serial number. They will know if it was one of the originals and if it has been upgraded.[/quote

This sound just like what is happening to mine. I will have to call Garrett on Friday. I have noticed that when I GB on dry sand its about mid 80's and wet sand/water its 9-14. when in the salt water it will start out fine and within 20 minutes there is so much feedback that i have to reset and start all over. All this is at South Florida Beaches.
I am using a protective cover on the coil, does this make any difference?
The pictures that MALIAROS posted is what my shaft looks like.

I never use a coil cover on the beach due to sand getting trapped between the coil and cover it can cause falsing especially at salt water beaches!!