Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW GARRETT AT PRO FAULTY PLEASE HELP

I had a similar experience, but it started when I used the coil in heavy surf and under toe. I believe the coil flooded and once the problem started it continued on the dry sand. After a couple of fresh water flushes and hours drying it started working somewhat better, but 10 min after being back in the saltwater it went haywire again. Garrett is shipping me a new coil no charge since it is only a couple of weeks old. Their customer service appears to be above average.

Hi maliaros

I'm glad your making progress with it. As for the Black Sands and Hot Rocks (in my area), I don't have "any" issues with either of them. When I'm in the woods or by mineralised river beds, I will GB the AT Pro every time conditions change (Dry shoreline, Wet Shoreline, or, In water). This area GBs at 91-94 (High Minerals and some Black Sands to it).

Salt Water (in my area (Pacific Ocean)) wet or dry shorelines, my AT Pro will GB from 48-56 and I don't have any issues with that either (using either the 8.5x11 or the 5x8 coil). The 5x8 will chatter a bit, but I turn my sensitivity down a couple of notches, GB, then bring the sensitivity back up slowly to full (or until it chatters again, then back off a notch if you like) I can run mine a full sensitivity doing the above procedure, If I try the normal way of GBng, then I do get chatter at full sensitivity. Odd but it works for my machine (and maybe yours).

I prospect for gold as well maliaros in high mineral areas without any issues from my machine and it goes "deep"

I run mine "Wide Open"

- 0 - Discrimination
- No Iron Audio
- Zero "Pro Mode"
- F3 - Frequency Offset

I let the machine talk to me without any restrictions. I find this to be the best way to get to know my machine better. It's amazing how I keep learning new things with it. I think some people don't realize how powerful these machines really are (for the money).

- When I can pick up a piece of buck shot 12" deep.
- When I can pick up a Nickel under a 7" high mineral rock
- When I can pick up a 11/2' dia. drain pipe running under the road we were parked on at 36"s (measuring stick for that one).
- When i can pick up my steel toe shoes 18" away from the coil

- (The above was done with the 8.5x11 stock coil)

- (I haven't had my 5x8 coil long enough for any real in field testing).

That's a lot of power you have in your hands maliaros with the AT Pro, (really). Just take the time to get familiar and comfortable with it.

Thanks for the update and let us know how things are going. Myself and I'm sure others will do our best to help you as much as we possibly can.

:)

All I was doing all this time with my ATP it was fighting black sand salt water and hot rocks.And now since is working perfect everywhere else I will compromise that the machine is not build for the mediterrenian sea. I hate this but I have to live with it.
After a unit replacement and an extra 5X8dd coil the sure thing is that the machine is not faulty.
I will keep on reading and getting tips to settle the machine the best I can on wet sand / surf but I will not spend all my time on it and and not get frustrated any more.

I will keep the ATP and save money for a pure beach water detector and most probably this will be the infinium LS.
If I get the pace I had with the ace350 it's sure that my finds will payoff the new detector.

Hi maliaros

Thanks for the update.

The Infinium LS is a good PI machine as are others on the market place. It's to bad you can't get the AT Pro to perform better in your area. How is the Power supplied to the island your on? Is it from under ground power cables?

Just another thought that can cause erratic behavior from the metal detector.

hi,
most of the power cabled are on pales.
i don't believe its about EMI Interference because the ATP is ground balancing perfect everywhere except on wet sand/surf.
My enemy is the black sand/salt water mixture.
Friday thru Monday i will take my family for short vacations in the other side of the island were the sand is blonde and i plan to hide the MD on the car.
by the way i can get the seahunter for 480 euro and the infinium for 800 euro.In this economy does the infinium worth the extra 320 euro($500)?

I'm sorry I can't be much help when it comes to PI machines maliaros. The Infinium LS does have a solid record when it comes to finding things in harsh environments. The Excalibur has a solid record as well. I don't know much about any of them but what I have seen on You Tube videos.

I'm sure others that do have PIs could chime in to give you a more precise description on the 2 PIs you asked about.

Just make sure you read up on both machines and watch some you tube videos that are available to get a better idea on which machine that would be best suited for you.

Have a good trip maliaros.

Just received my ATP 2 days ago and my connector is SILVER metal as well. I am in the US so I do not think it is an international change rather just a Garrett upgrade.
Looking close at his picture HOWEVER...his is not seated as far in as mine. I really had to put some pressure on mine and slightly wiggle it as it entered but I have less than a fingernail width between the machine and the connector. Like I said it is a tight fit due to the parts being new but I think that may be where the problem is.