Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Garrett Release : Jase Robertson Signature Edition Metal Detectors

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Check out the new machine.

may16.jpg

It's kind of strange. First, the 'camo' thing isn't anything new. Look at TNSS and a lot of other YouTube posters for years now and they are dressed in camo. I am not too excited about the Signature videos he did, and the duck call is a bit lame.

What threw me off was they mounted the 8.5X11 DD 'Raider' coil on the Apex, and the 'Viper' coil on the AT MAX.

There is a market there for camo so they will sell. Personally, I am just fine with my standard Apex units and the 'Ripper' DD coil for daily use. And I have used them enough in varied ground to know they offer more performance than a few Tube Testers care to admit.

Monte

Fisher had a camo unit out awhile back as well. I often have something camo on in the fall and wondered if I ever had the big one and fell down dead, and was in all camo with the detector, would anybody ever find me??

Fisher had a camo unit out awhile back as well. I often have something camo on in the fall and wondered if I ever had the big one and fell down dead, and was in all camo with the detector, would anybody ever find me??
Lol

Si and Jase shoot out, which Robertson will win?
efx2.png

It's kind of strange. First, the 'camo' thing isn't anything new. Look at TNSS and a lot of other YouTube posters for years now and they are dressed in camo. I am not too excited about the Signature videos he did, and the duck call is a bit lame.

What threw me off was they mounted the 8.5X11 DD 'Raider' coil on the Apex, and the 'Viper' coil on the AT MAX.

There is a market there for camo so they will sell. Personally, I am just fine with my standard Apex units and the 'Ripper' DD coil for daily use. And I have used them enough in varied ground to know they offer more performance than a few Tube Testers care to admit.

Monte
I’ve gone over several old home sites with the D2-9”, ones that I have carefully gone over with the Apex previously, and have found very few additional coins. That tells me that with all the D2’s superior features I didn’t miss very much with the Apex. The Apex has done a fine job finding and sifting out the coins and relics from the square nails, at least on these sites and in my soil type.

The camo paint job is kind of neat; current Apex owners can get (most of)that with a $20 Sly Lynx CB cover on Amazon.

I’ve gone over several old home sites with the D2-9”, ones that I have carefully gone over with the Apex previously, and have found very few additional coins. That tells me that with all the D2’s superior features I didn’t miss very much with the Apex. The Apex has done a fine job finding and sifting out the coins and relics from the square nails, at least on these sites and in my soil type.
Doesn't surprise me. I have had excellent performance sine the first one came out of the box,, and I put it against an Equinox 800 and Deus 1. One of the best mid-priced detectors out there.

Monte

Lots of theories on why Garrett is releasing a new signature series metal detector. Has anyone ever worked for a company where they have some surplus stock left over that they would like to move out to create room for some now products? Getting creative to do so is the first step.

may16a.jpg

Does it work any better than the model that does not have camo, or a picture of some bearded dude on the box?