Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW ITEM: Gray Ghost Amphibian for Garrett AT Series & Infinium:detecting:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
We are pleased to announce that the Gray Ghost Amphibian submersible headphone has been tested and we are now taking orders.

As a joint venture with Gray Ghost we will be introducing a new type of headphone - the Gray Ghost Amphibian underwater headphones for the Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, Infinium and the Sea Hunter. We are rating them to a minimum of 30 feet. We didnt test beyond.

All we can say, is they are amazing. We built these from the ground up and dramatically changed the way underwater headphones are manufactured and the tones and sound are awesome. The comfort is BETTER than most land headphones: very plush and comfortable. The fit and finish are second to none. This is a fully integrated headphone with a manufactured Garrett waterproof connector

John, they look awsome! Is it safe to assume that they will work on the recon pro??

I tested them on the AT Pro, AT Pro Gold, Sea Hunter Mark II, And the LS. The GG Amphibian's are 48 percent louder then the old GG, offering better audio frequency response over all stock, aftermaket underwater headphones, and with volume control, a much needed adjustment for conditions, Specially going from beach hunting to land, which these are great for also.

Is the cord longer than the garret headphones? I always found theres to be too short

14 inch plus longer......A major improvement over all headphones. It was great when I was hunting a park with the AT Pro, I was able to set the detector down and dig the target, easly without any tugging.

Where can you buy them?

Where can you buy them? Is Extreme Detecting the only option right now?

YES - we are the only place that currently has them.
Shipping right now.
Thanks.

dirtdigger1581 said:
Where can you buy them? Is Extreme Detecting the only option right now?

Have fitted a set to my Infinium and have given them a good try-out.
They work very well, are nice and sensitive and have a good tone, Vol control works well and has good vol level control from almost silent to as loud as you are ever likely to need.
Good solid construction and have ear cup adjustment that does not slip. Frequency response is great. Audio from the Infinium is nice and clear and smooth without tinniness or scratchiness and without any low tone burps at the end of the HI/LO tones.
The ear cups did get a bit warm after about an hours detecting but that was out of the water. These Grey ghosts are designed for underwater detecting but I feel that they will be a permanent fit to my Infinium..
In a nutshell; A good set of HPs for the Finny.that are far better than the Garrett original WP phones.

I bought a set for my Infinium, replacing the Garrett Blues. I have never thought about going back.
When I received my ATX, there was also a set of the GG Amphibian headphones in the present box. Both were purchased from J&E Metal Detectors on Cape Cod.
Now that the ATX has just about replaced my Infinium, except for in the rocks during the winter months, I have moved their GG to my ATPro. 99% of my detecting is in salt and fresh water.