Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Jersey Colonial Copper

kschae4

Wow....Sunday afternoon allowed me to cross off a longstanding coin from the wish list. Found my first NJ copper from a former corn field that had been good for coins and relics through the years.. In addition, saved a few flat buttons, all with shanks still intact. . Heavy equipment had removed up to less than a foot of topsoil allowing some good targets to be found. Glad that I chose to swing the coil instead of watching some live football ! All targets were about 8-10 inches below now exposed lower soil level....1787 NJ Copper with sprigs below both horse and shield.. Thanks for looking.

Howdy kschae4--

Congratulations on accomplishing one of your metal-detecting goals! That NJ Copper is truely a great find! Continued success and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

That's a beauty for sure. ... im surprised it's your 1st... now that you know what they sound like i expect to see more..lol.. congrats...

kschae4, wow that is a terrific find congratulations!
One question why didn't you call me to go hunting with you? Ha ha ha - yeah right.

Best of luck when you go back there!

Super congrats on the 1787 NJ Copper!!

Nice find im not a football fan myself so I never have to worry about watching tv
Or detecting detecting always wins for me lol

Very nice finds!

You know, if you use the free IrfanView picture program, you can take your mouse and make a small square around the coin and cut area outside the selection. There's a lot more one can do with the program too.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. This former farm has also produced a few KGlll half pennies and a larger copper that is too worn to id....I'll have to dig that out sometime and post it over on the Whatzit forum...As many of you know, some of our best finds are recovered close to roads and paths where newbies may tend to shy away from...
Tony - Thanks....I need to take a closer view at IrfanView . Haven't used it much...