Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Legend Owner

Tommy Boy

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and just purchased a new Legend Pro Pack from Bart at BBH.

I go by Tom, I am retired and live in Northwest Arkansas. I did a lot of detecting when I lived in Arizona until 2015 when I moved to AR. I took a 7 year break and now I am getting back into the hobby.

From 2000 until 2015, I probably had every brand and model of metal detector on the market, I kinda got carried away, so taking a break was a good thing.

I decided this time, that I am going to try to control myself and only have 1 or 2 detectors. I have spent a lot of time lately reading reviews and watching way too many videos on the latest detectors available today, and to be honest, it's a tough decision.

I chose the Legend, because I think for the money, it is hard to beat, I look forward to getting my hands on it and starting the learning curve, it really shouldn't be to bad, because I have used the Deus, V3i, Explorer, E-Trac, XLT, DFX, XP Goldmaxx, Goldmaxx Power, SD2000, SD2100, SD2200, GP3000, and numerous other detectors.

That's my intro, Tom

I have to agree with you on the value of the legend and I was a Minelab user for the last decade or two with a few diversions mixed in there. I think you'll find the Legend easy to meld with and really versatile not to mention solidly built. Our weather is finally becoming detectable and I'm anxious to continue the education.(y)

Thanks for the welcome guys, one thing that I really like about the Legend, is the ability to load updates via my laptop. No more sending your detector off to get it modified, waiting weeks, hoping it doesn't get damaged during shipping.

Welcome back. I started again just like you after having too many detectors, with the legend.
Its easy to start with in the new technology and very advanced for the price.

In Arizona and no Tesoro’s?
Oh yes, I have owned a few Tesoros, Super Traq, Bandido II Umax, Compadre.

Funny story, in 2010 I was invited to a group hunt, at an old homesite in the desert. Most of us had high end detectors, but one guy brought his 12 year old grandson, who was using a Tesoros Compadre. That young man spanked out but, because of all of the spaghetti iron covering the ground. Lesson learned,

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and just purchased a new Legend Pro Pack from Bart at BBH.

I go by Tom, I am retired and live in Northwest Arkansas. I did a lot of detecting when I lived in Arizona until 2015 when I moved to AR. I took a 7 year break and now I am getting back into the hobby.

From 2000 until 2015, I probably had every brand and model of metal detector on the market, I kinda got carried away, so taking a break was a good thing.

I decided this time, that I am going to try to control myself and only have 1 or 2 detectors. I have spent a lot of time lately reading reviews and watching way too many videos on the latest detectors available today, and to be honest, it's a tough decision.

I chose the Legend, because I think for the money, it is hard to beat, I look forward to getting my hands on it and starting the learning curve, it really shouldn't be to bad, because I have used the Deus, V3i, Explorer, E-Trac, XLT, DFX, XP Goldmaxx, Goldmaxx Power, SD2000, SD2100, SD2200, GP3000, and numerous other detectors.

That's my intro, Tom
Hi, Just bought mine a couple weeks ago and have been looking at videos on how to use all the different functions, I think I got it down pretty good and will be doing my first hunt this week, will post my finds after the hunt.
Good Luck with yours.
TRIPLE-SSS

Hi, Just bought mine a couple weeks ago and have been looking at videos on how to use all the different functions, I think I got it down pretty good and will be doing my first hunt this week, will post my finds after the hunt.
Good Luck with yours.
TRIPLE-SSS
Triple-sss,

I ordered my Legend last Friday, like you I have been watching videos and reading the forums on how to use it.

I should get mine early this week, spring is here, so let the hunting begin.