Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Lighter ATX Coils Coming Soon!

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Click For Products http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/Garrett_New_Products_2016.pdf

NEWS RELEASE JANUARY 20 said:
[size=large]Garrett additionally released details of two new, larger 11”x13” closed searchcoils for the ATX
pulse induction detector. Available in either a DD or mono configuration, the new ATX coil will
be lighter weight and offers increased depth versus the standard ATX searchcoil. The new closed
style provides more resistance to scrubbing of the coil against the ground and allows gold prospectors
to use the upper coil deck to sift/find tiny nuggets easier. The new ATX searchcoil includes
an exclusive Garrett design slide-lock system that creates a center-mount style while still allowing
the ATX to collapse into its soft cover carrying case. Designated for a mid-year release, the new
ATX coil will be available as the new standard offering on ATX detectors and can be purchased as
an accessory coil by existing ATX customers. More details and pricing on the new ATX packages
will be forthcoming.[/size]

I plan to purchase the ATX for this summer, and hopefully they provide this new coil before too long. Anyone have any idea when it's going to be available as the standard deep seeker package?

Sounds sweet. I'm most interested in what they mean by more depth. More depth...on big or large nuggets? Or just more depth on everything? How much more depth?

Well, it's been a year since the news release mentioned in the original post ...

I've finally seen some youtube videos come out of people using 11” x 13” closed search coils for the ATX, but I have yet to see any sellers list a 11 "x 13" closed as their standard offering on a ATX detector package. Is anyone selling such a package?

John,

Have not seen any sellers selling them yet, but I did ask Radioworld.ca and they said they could special order it in.
I also posted in another thread on here that Garrett now have them up on their web site, conceivably for sale:
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_searchcoils_en.aspx

Beav

Joke. Why? The main weight is weight of shaft not coi. So you save 50 to 100 grams... sorry. They should change shaft for lighter material.

shelton7522 said:
Joke. Why? The main weight is weight of shaft not coi. So you save 50 to 100 grams... sorry. They should change shaft for lighter material.

While lighter weight would be nice, I'm more interested in the new 11" x 13" Garrett coils for the closed design (better resistance to sounding off when scrubbing stuff on the surface), the supposed increased depth performance and the center mount.

The Garrett site lists both the new 11" x 13" closed DD and the 11" x 13" Mono as standard options when purchasing a new ATX:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_main_en.aspx

However I've yet to find a dealer web site listing such a package. And web inquires to Kellyco have gone unanswered.

If you want to closed design, get the closed cover coil. They should care about quality issue first, than design and practical aspects.Sorry, but the prices of Garrett coils are sick itself. And design should be better. Heavy shaft is not good idea at this price level, Garrett ATX is very good machine but design is poor.

hooelo said:
Kellyco is already offering new Atx with solid coils

Available in stock on their website, but it's not quite so. :nono: :pinnochio

I ordered and payed for one over a week ago and when asking for a shipping tracking number, was told they were waiting for stock. :confused:

Make a complaint to Garrett head Office, I got mine 4 weeks ago after a 1 1/2 week wait, that's order'd in Australia from an Aussi dealer and delivered.

Grilled Scallops said:
Sounds sweet. I'm most interested in what they mean by more depth. More depth...on big or large nuggets? Or just more depth on everything? How much more depth?[/quote

More depth??????? Guess I better get a small backhoe now.

Received my Garrett 13x11" Mono coil, only took 10 weeks to arrive.

When it says: "New Lighter ATX Coils Coming Soon!" the above coil is not the one, as it is all of 5 gram heavier than the original 12x10"DD coil and that's without any type of skid plate.

Regarding skid plate it would have been nice if one had been included considering the price of this coil and the type of rough ground it's mainly going to be used on.

Anyway made a skid plate for this new Mono coil in order to preserve/protect my investment.

I'v had my coil for a month and it's working fine, it is a lot quiter than the DD, have not had any luck yet; but only got to a gold area last weekend for a couple of hours. I'm in Australia. Complain to Garrett.

New 13x11" Mono have already proved itself, no point in complaining about facts.
Now waiting for an AT Max, just not from same dealer.