Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Machine And More Finds

stateguyt

I was wondering with new machines being released with new technology
Are you guys and ladies finding more jewelry (gold )
In my area it seems to be getting worse every year
I have gone all summer with not a new piece of gold (was out 25 Xs from 7/4-9/4)
I can’t justify buying a new machine when I can’t find what I am looking for
So I am asking are you people finding more gold with the new technology these machine have to offer or are you in the same boat

As for new detectors ... I've stuck with the tried and true. I'm using old detectors. CZ20 and a blue tube Excal are my main water machines. I have a favorite CZ6a for wet and dry sand. Finding more stainless and other junk jewelry. Still some gold. Three gold rings and a couple gold earrings this year. I find that the more I go detecting the more I find. Can't always hunt the same areas you've beaten to death ... need to change it up some. While I have actually paid for the equipment I currently have with finds I have sold; that was not the objective. If I'm not having fun and enjoying the hunt, I'm not doing it.

That said, I've got what I think is enough put away for an Impulse AQ when / if it actually hits the market. Reading across several forums, it appears to be what I want to swing while I am still strong enough to do some deep digging ... I'm certainly not as young nor as strong as I used to be.
Cheers,
tvr

I know a few from our club that have improved there game with the Nox. But nothing spectacular, most are finding small gold and the numbers are still less then 10. I think it's the beach's.... people are not wearing the amount of gold they use to..and this has been coming on for sometime..it's finally Hitting hard.

Got to say the only reason I find what I find is because of the time spent at researching, doing the foot work, seeing changes and knowing when to slow down.

On the Fisher "AQ" if does as said, deep...I'm ready.

In the past parents, grandparents, and spectators in general. Came to the games always wearing some gold/ silver jewelry. Today their adorned with Tattoos, and clutching expensive cell phones. That's where the $$ is being spent. Growing up , never seen a grand ma with Tattoos. Now hard to find one without.
There's still some pockets of bling here and there, but the days of Fresh drops are drying up fast. And ain't gonna change in the foreseeable future.
So it's the hunter who works out where to go and when. Then having a proven machine (tool) that fits the hunt. Or you can be like me. Sifting the endless sands, or digging most everything , hoping to blunder into a few pieces a year. Hey but I've always and still do get a thrill out of a good Clad spill. As for machines ? Try to know it inside & out. What ever you got. I guess I'm a small game hunter hoping to bag a 10 point buck once in a while.

To me, finding gold is great, but the best part its the hunt, not knowing what's out there, the anticipation of whats going to be in the scoop this time. Its like taking a trip the best part is the journey...…. I am still using an excel II 10" coil.....HH...Tab.

I’ve been noticing a drop in finds myself the last few years... both on
land and in the water.
I use a Sand Shark for the swimming lakes nearby and used to find some
silver and gold regular enough to keep me interested.
Used the find a lot of clad too in the water, but that is slow too now.
I don’t think another machine would help me ... it’s got the be there to find.
I think people are not taking their goodies in the water much anymore
like others have already stated.
Only one piece of gold for me this year, but it was a nice 14k wedding band.
Finding more tungsten rings now too.

Agree with the above comments. Finds have been pretty dismal on Florida's east coast this year. Even fresh drops are few and jewelry, even junk jewelry, is getting harder to find. Dorian did not do much as far as erosion. My wife and I went on a "beach erosion" tour to Daytona, St. Augustine, Jacksonville Beach, and Little Talbot Island a couple of weekends ago. Overall I found about $2 in clad. My wife did a little better, but neither of us found any day makers. Keep hoping it will get better with each high tide, but so far it has not.

:)fisher:Field test starts at counter 1:25 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=zAnbpBW-8GY
And I bet you already have some hard hit areas in mind......:detecting:

I have one ring that I know where it was dropped, just off a pier in a very iron infested area. I spent some time looking for it in all metal, digging lots of iron pieces, and was concerned that I was only digging holes for the ring to fall deeper into. I seriously thought about putting a 5 inch coil on my CZ 20 to go look for it, but I'm still wired with the 8 inch. That ring will be among the first things I go looking for if and when I get my hands on an Impulse AQ.

vlad said:
:)fisher:Field test starts at counter 1:25 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=zAnbpBW-8GY
And I bet you already have some hard hit areas in mind......:detecting:

If it happens by xmas I will start at the two spots I've been hitting the last few months. The Excalibur will continue to be the machine of choice to find the right conditions and once I see the need for the Fisher "AQ" I will move in with it. At this point ................both spots are ready for Fisher "AQ". I will be doing video's using the "AQ" for I have a set of head phones/cam I've already made for it, just waiting to see which connector they used..M-8 4 or 5 pin.

foiled again tab hunter said:
To me, finding gold is great, but the best part its the hunt, not knowing what's out there, the anticipation of whats going to be in the scoop this time. Its like taking a trip the best part is the journey...…. I am still using an excel II 10" coil.....HH...Tab.
I’m with you I love the hunt especially after storms and seeing old silver coins uncovered found my best and oldest silver on a what seems to me never hunted beach a 1776 2 reale!
That find blew me away got 3 gold rings this year 2 in a field one on the beach but who’s really counting I’m having fun!
HH
Mark

stateguyt said:
.... I was wondering with new machines being released with new technology
Are you guys and ladies finding more jewelry (gold )....

You mention "technology" and "gold" in the same topic /question /sentence. Right ?

And ...... in the current discussion of "gold", (ie.: alloyed gold like 14k, 18, etc....) the common "kneejerk" reaction (given the commonly recurring jewelry sizes, which is ... drumroll ..... rings (or charms or chains, etc...). Right ? Thus can we conclude that by "gold" you meant: "Low conductors". Right ? (since alloyed golds of the common recurring jewelry sizes , happen to be low conductors. Right ?)

If I've understood the question correctly, then : You don't need "new technology" to avail yourself of b*ttloads of low conductors. Just turn down your disc. knob on ANY detector (yes , even the 1970s/80s detectors). And go out to the nearest urban park, and .... presto, you can fill-your-apron FULL of "low conductors".

So today's "new machines" are not adding any better ability to add to the apron.

The BIGGER QUESTION is not TECHNOLOGY. It's: Location location location. In which case, ....... 20 to 40 yr. old technology (if gold jewelry is your objective) will work *just fine*.

If your question was whether or not the "new technology" can tell aluminum apart from [alloyed] gold, then the answer is "no". If anyone tries to come on here and tell you otherwise, then the solution is simple: Simply invite them out to the nearest inner city blighted junky park. Turn them loose. See how much gold they dig, and how much aluminum they leave behind. And ...... you'll hear the sound of crickets.

A "wafer" loop like the 10" on the old Mk-1 would slide through the roiling surf, or diving.
I read the MSRP will be $2500, you heard anything?
(you looked at the Tdi diver yet?)

...your common sense takes all the fun out of spending (a lot of) money. :heh:
No matter how high it is, if someone had a few for $1000 over retail, they'd be sold out in 24 hours.:cheers:
And 6 weeks after release you will find them used...."not what I wanted???":sleepy:
(Never used...turned on just one time!) :rofl:
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/2188.jpg
Its not exactly an old design with a new case and paint job, but it will get people back out and hunting. :chase:
Hope springs eternal (for getting gold) and NOT just for users! :poke:

vlad said:
A "wafer" loop like the 10" on the old Mk-1 would slide through the roiling surf, or diving.
I read the MSRP will be $2500, you heard anything?
(you looked at the Tdi diver yet?)

I would imagine 2000 to 2500, which is fine if it does as said. And yes looking at the TDI submersible, I have a couple friends that use them..maybe another opp down the road if the Manta does not come out by next spring, .........by then I think several will have given up hope.

And I do agree with Tom on Location, Location, Location...But to add to that the user is a big part. I have several who hunt the beach's I do, and I have taken many...And to this day none except my friend Mike gets how to find the gold. Most here average way less then 10 pieces of gold a year. The machines they use go from very old to new...

Haha. I don't dispute that there are machines today, that are far superior , at low conductors (alloyed gold jewelry) than the selections of the mid to late 1970s. Back then the work-horses were the VLF/TR machines (that could not find dainty chains or earring studs, unless you had it in all-metal mode). And the 6000D, for example. Which was great on silver, but not so keen on nickels and low conductors as much. Even all through the 1980s, the powerhouse motion discriminators coming out were great for silver, but not so keen on low conductors.

Versus today, yes, you have machines that will do fine on deep silver, yet .... can be tweeked to "ring the bells of Notre dame" on teensy low conductor stuff, all at the same time. Thus yes, theoretically, they should be "better on [alloyed] gold", right ?

Yet there's never been a time, in the 1970s to the present, where md'rs couldn't have gone out, even with the old machines, and "filled their aprons" full of low conductors. eh ?

The only benefit of the new breeds of machines (like the Nox), in-so-far as ability on low conductors, would be if someone wants to go angle for micro-jewelry. If so, then heaven help that poor soul if he ends up in a junky park. And sure, the beach is less punishing (assuming you're on the wet inter-tidal when mother nature has washed out all the light aluminum). But eventually, you have to ask yourself : After you've gathered a dozen tinsel thin chains and some earring studs, you come to the realization that a SINGLE SMALL RING outweighs the combined weight of all the micro-jewelry.

Perhaps the new breeds provide a cross-over to nugget hunting. But as far as gold jewelry, no, I don't see any advantages, given the type places we md'rs hunt. There was never a lack of low conductors to choose from, in the first place. Wake me up when they've invented a machine that can tell aluminum apart from gold.

Vlad...... the MSRP could be higher than that.... but look at the other machines they sell. They have a high MSRP ...say $700, so im still guessing the real price paid will be around $2000.

Even old tech has been improved .... look what joes done with the Xcal. Its still THE water machine being compared to. There have been some good improvements..... weight, material both the machine and shafts, recovery time and depth. An inch is an inch. The Nox is a good example of a powerful, reasonable priced, GREAT warranty, which brings some new ideas..... 3 piece shaft, throw away tech, magnet charging, better TID screen....... you can see the darn thing under water even. I believe its proven multi freq is working better than most other single freq machines. We also have a multi use machine ..... which everyone wants. Machines cost..... and if you have to buy several ... they cost a lot. There is still a lot of work to be done .... shafts, arm cuffs, water behind the screen, and coil ears need some work as does tweaking those modes. You talk about gold ..... i saw what appears to be a tremendous amount of gold being found and not just at the beach. Gold coins .... jewelry ... in parks and relic hunting is being found in crazy amounts to me. BUT ... in a lot of ways the more you hunt with a machine the more you get the best out of it..... so YOU are a very important part of what you find.

Ive upped my game with both the Nox and MDT..... especially in the high K ones. Was it weight, different type people coming to my beaches, OR machines..... or was ijust hunting with more intensity?

n/t

I'm hoping the Impulse is out by Christmas as mentioned earlier this year. If not.... then I too may give up hope and go for something else.

stateguyt said:
I was wondering with new machines being released with new technology
Are you guys and ladies finding more jewelry (gold )
In my area it seems to be getting worse every year
I have gone all summer with not a new piece of gold (was out 25 Xs from 7/4-9/4)
I can’t justify buying a new machine when I can’t find what I am looking for
So I am asking are you people finding more gold with the new technology these machine have to offer or are you in the same boat
I think it’s getting worse. See people taking off their gold jewelry before going into the water. Spot price for gold has been high for years it’s around $1500 an ounce now. New technology might help you get those deepies that others pass.