Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW MAKRO MULTI KRUZER FIELD TEST

Cal_Cobra

Dilek at Makro has given the go ahead to share field test information on the new Makro Kruzer series. I was asked to field test the Makro Multi Kruzer. I only received the detector last week, so I've been working hard to test the machine as much as possible at various sites (salt water beaches, relic sites, parks, etc).

Here's a quick video I did of some of the testing, hopefully this will answer some questions you may have:

https://youtu.be/AYlpQD2Jl_w

HH,
Brian

Great job on the video and vey nice explanations of the screen review.

Hey Brian how you been doing? Nice video, I think the Multi Kruzer is going to be a nice machine to have. Did Dilek ever mention what other coils will be available for the MK other than the stock?

Tahts-a-dats-ago said:
Awesome. Thank you.

BTW - I think the unknown object is an old Boy Scout neckerchief slide.

Thank you.

The more I look at it, the more I think it was a lid to something fancy, probably a little glass medicine jar or pill box, not sure, but it's kind of neat.

HH,
Brian

Pioneerman said:
I like the Clear-Crisp Tones....Definitely a
well-built, Thought-out machine.

I am loving the 4-TONE mode. The Impact also has that mode (the Racers do not), but the ever busy folks at Makro have enhanced the audio on the 4-TONE mode on the Kruzer, the audio is fantastic, reminiscent of analog detectors. I didn't bond with the 4-TONE mode on the Impact, but the Kruzer's 4-TONE mode provides outstanding audio (much better in the headphones then the speaker of course), it sings on silver, picking targets out of iron or trash with ease. I only have the 11" DD coil, a smaller coil will be deadly at sifting trash and cherry picking high tones.

I cannot wait to get this thing out to a ghost town type of site :detecting:

OregonGregg said:
Hey Brian how you been doing? Nice video, I think the Multi Kruzer is going to be a nice machine to have. Did Dilek ever mention what other coils will be available for the MK other than the stock?

Hey Gregg,

Doing OK, just living the dream my friend :thumbup:

Gregg I think you'll really like the 4-TONE mode on the Kruzer, that's going to do well sifting non-ferrous out of iron.

Dilek said there would be five coils at launch including one concentric. Not sure what coils they will be, but if I had to guess I'd imagine:

15" DD
11" DD
10" or 9.5" DD
7" or around there concentric
5" OOR type DD

If they were smart, they'd copy the NEL Snake coil, that's a killer coil on the Racer :thumbup:

Bigtom123 said:
How does it feel weight and balance wise,now the battery box is not there like on the racers?

Feels like a Tesoro umax detector with an 8" search coil attached. And folks can swing a Tersoro Umax all day.

Bigtom123 said:
How does it feel weight and balance wise,now the battery box is not there like on the racers?

It's quite lite, and balances well. There's no battery box, it has a built-in LION battery in the control box that last me a couple of full days of detecting.

I see the machine is available without the headphones according to kellyco.
So does it have a speaker? How would you use it underwater unless the headphones are waterproof too?

Stoof-tabsallday said:
I see the machine is available without the headphones according to kellyco.
I didn't see that and I just now checked their website and they show the following:

"... with 11x7" Waterproof DD Search Coil & 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones - Blue Edition. Will Begin To Ship Mid February!"

Factory Included Accessories:
2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones - Blue Edition
AC Charger
USB Cable
Coil Cover

As noted in the picture posted of all three KRUZER series models, they come equipped with the 2.4 Ghz. wireless headphones. Remember, the KRUZER is designed as a Multi-Purpose detector and is suitable for just about any type of detecting, and most folks are land hunters. Therefore, they are supplied with a set of wireless headphones which can be used anywhere .... except under water! Anyone who has used a Racer 2 or Nokta Impact with the wireless headphones can verify their excellent construction and performance.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
So does it have a speaker?
Yes it does, thank goodness!

I headed over to a lot where they demolished and removed a house to do more field evaluation of my test sample Multi-KRUZER and Racer 2. Somehow I managed to load the detectors and most of my gear, including the wireless headphones for my Racer 2 which I use about 80% of the time. I only had about an hour before dark and discovered I wasn't quite 100% prepared ... I forget to take my Kruzer headphones off the charger. :help:?? No, help wasn't needed because my Multi-Kruzer was well designed with a built-in speaker that works great so I was able to get on with my hunting.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
How would you use it underwater unless the headphones are waterproof too?
Dilek did respond with a post that they are working on having waterproof headphones available as an option. The Kruzer series come equipped with a built-in speaker, also supplied with a set of wireless headphones. However they do not have a little reminder flag to clip on the Kruzer to remind some of us to take the headphones off the charger.

As an accessory, they will have waterproof headphones available for submersible use for water hunting, and also offer an accessory adapter with a ¼" headphone jack to use corded headphones, if desired.

Another very useful feature on the Kruzer series is Vibration. I have 'Vibrate' as a selectable feature on my Nokta CoRe and Impact as well as Makro Racer 2 and while none of those are submersible models, it is a feature I have used on several occasions. For Beach Hunters who wade with their head out of the water, or attempt the death-defying stunt of keeping their head under water to detect [size=small](this is coming from an aqua-phobic who also can't swim ;))[/size], the Vibrate function can be very useful.

I know some people who, for the past thirty years, travel around Beach Hunting only and one of their complaints was always the headphone fit, comfort, and the cord that sometimes got in their way. Walking some ocean beaches on dry sand or in shallow wet surf I enjoyed using the Vibrate function on my CoRe, Racer 2 and Impact due to the windy days, noisy surf and my impaired hearing. The Kruzer will make a much better device for me because should I get caught in a rain [size=small](mostly Oregon coast beaches which often = wet)[/size], a surprising high wave [size=small](that's happened)[/size] or accidently drop my detector or trip and fall [size=small](stunts I don't even have to practice for anymore)[/size], my detector and speaker and battery system are protected and safe [size=small](much better than the operator at the time)[/size].

For many, the standard 14 kHz KRUZER is going to make a terrific fit in their detector arsenal ... for use anywhere. I know it might end up being an 'only' detector for some Hobbyists. For the serious, Avid Detectorist who might enjoy some advanced versatility, the 3 selectable frequency Multi-KRUZER is a record-setting device that I know I'll never part with.

Oh I'm sorry Monte inread it wrong. For some reason they have a kruzer with headphones for 649 and what looks to be the identical package for 749