Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Member converting over from treasure net Hello to all

Deese

I am buying a T2 Ltd this year,I have been doing research on them and I cant wait to read all your post about t2's

Deese,Welcome to Teknetics for you made an exellent decision in my opinion.I dont have a T2 but i do own the Omega 8000 and its nice to say im very pleased with it.Have fun...Markmac

I have a Nexus Coronado Groundfix that I am not happy with,a Tesoro Sand Shark that is a beautiful machine,and an ace 150.Cant wait to get my hands on T2 I'm doinf history research and finding alot of sites to hit this season but I want a real machine this year.

I think that once you get the new T2 LTD and put in ample time to learn and master it, you'll do well.

Deese said:
I have a Nexus Coronado Groundfix that I am not happy with, a Tesoro Sand Shark that is a beautiful machine,and an ace 150. Cant wait to get my hands on T2 I'm doinf history research and finding alot of sites to hit this season but I want a real machine this year.
Sorry to hear you have one model you're not happy with, and if you like water hunting then the Sand Shark ought to work for that. As for the Ace 150, even the low-end Teknetics Alpha 2000 is a better performer and a 'step up" so any of the 'Greek' series, such as the Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 or Omega 8000will me a serious land-based improvement. Those models and any of the T2's will provide you with a very quick-response/fast-recover detector that can work well in a wide-range of hunting environment. For more versatility the Gamma, Omega and T2's provide the Fast Grab/Ground Grab automated Ground Balance as well as manual GB for more precise settings.

Once you get it feel welcome to post your results and ask questions of Forum Readers. It would be nice, too, if you'd mention the settings and coil used in your posts so we can be aware of how you're hunting.

Glad to hear that you're researching site to hunt as it is very important these days.

Welcome to the forum!

Monte

Thanks,I have the nexus up for sale now.Hopefully it will sell quick and that will offset my cost for a t2.

What general area do you live in?

What type(s) of sites do you plan to hunt the most?

What will be your primary targets?

What convinced you to settle on the T2?

Just curious.

Monte

I live in Wilmington,NC but I am from Mebane,NC which is in central NC.My mother still lives in Mebane so I go there often and have some sites to hunt there also.I hunt just about anywhere and everywhere from the beach to city parks to old homesites. My primary targets would be coins,buttons,bullets and non ferrous relics.One of my favorite finds is a brass/bronze square spike that I found at a house near the waterway.I was there because the Doctor who owns the property told me his land was one of the first settlements in the area and that the king or queen whomever had granted 1,000 acres to the explorer who's name I dont remember.Anyway that is supposedly where his home was before it burned.My spike isnt that old though.Lower cape fear is old and its going to take some time for me to sort it all out. I found a 1740's half pence earlier this year and someone punched a hole in it,I thought it was a washer.I threw it in my pocket and kept on getting it,I hunted several sites that day and can't remember where I found it to save my life. Now back home the sites I go to are iron infested,and I dont mean nails.I mean there is flat iron in the ground the size of a brick,chunks the size of baseball,one site near the railroad you know what that means.Those plates they put under the track are 12 or more inches down, the machines I have used really like that big iron,I don't. One site is a civil war era military school,and another is a 1850's hotel there are good targets at both but I have been frustrated with them for a while now. I have settled on the T2 because of the post I have read,the videos I have seen,and that it is made in the USA if I am not mistaken.It was T2 or Minelab sov gt, And I had to rationalize the last machine I bought from UK is sitting and has been sitting,I keep giving it chances every couple months but its a no go every time.

Brian, I suppose you know that there's nothing on the market that will simply ignore all the iron and find all the nonferrous. But machines do vary in their ability to pick the good stuff out of the iron trash.

The T2 is a good choice, but since you haven't actually plunked down your money yet, you might want also to follow the action on the Omega (equipped with the 11 inch DD coil), and the Teknetics G2 which should be shipping very soon. Some of what you read about the already released Gold Bug SE's will be applicable to the G2, but I would suggest waiting for field reports on the actual G2 before drawing conclusions because there are differences.

The Omega has been around long enough to have a track record. The G2 has essentially nothing in the way of a track record but there are reasons (sorry, trade secrets!) to expect it to outshoot the Omega in a trashy relic hunting situation. I would suppose that within weeks there will be some posts comparing the G2 with the Omega and the T2 by people who have "raced them" on trashy iron sites. And in the case of the T2, just to complicate choices, there's the versions with or without "boost mode".

What has already been posted comparing the Omega (with 11 inch coil) and the T2 is generally along the lines of "Omega cuts through the iron a little better, but the T2 is hotter on the low conductivity targets" which is consistent with what I know about the design of the machines. What has been posted comparing the T2 with and without boost mode has generally been along the lines of the boost mode's primary advantage being the ability to search in grass and stubble where the extra hots allows you to lift the searchcoil several inches above the ground surface and still detect targets. Where you can get the coil near the ground, reports on discrimination and target ID comparing boost to normal are mixed, varying with how much iron trash is present, the depth of the good targets, and how the user is using the machine. From a theoretical point of view, the advantage of boost under such conditions will be primarily on deeper good targets in non-trashy situations.

The Omega and G2 don't have anything equivalent to the T2 "LTD" boost mode, and are not likely to be offered with that option anytime soon. So if you're pretty sure you want the boost mode, your choice would be a version of the T2 with boost.

I'm sure that Monte will toss in a few tidbits on this subject-- he's the guy with a lifetime of beeper field experience, whereas I'm the guy who knows what's in the guts of the machine but I don't get into the field very much. So his and my perspectives are somewhat complementary and when we occasionally disagree it doesn't mean that you have to wonder which of us is the idiot.

--Dave J.

n/t

Well I certainly feel privileged to have your opinion Dave,thanks very much! I was not expecting that,I didn't know you were a member here.I will look into those other machines for sure,I was not planning on getting the ltd model at this time.I haven't heard about the G2 until yesterday when I joined this forum.Thanks for dropping in,you have made my day!

I would not rush just yet. Im not bashing the new t2 ltd but I just got mine 6 days ago. I fell into all the hype and visions of pulling coins and buttons out of my old HOT spots. I quite frankly am unimpressed with the t2 ltd. I have been hunting since 1996. I have used mostly CZ70 Pro's. I am hoping Im still just not getting it right but I have not hit a decent target deeper than the sod roots. (about 2"). I have dug a hundred targets, knowing that 90 of them were BIG iron before I even dug it. I did get a couple of anchor buttons 1 at 4 inches barely a crackle while running 90 sens, 10 dis, and 2+ tone (I think). I have tried as many settings as I can read about for the type of conditions I hunt in. ( Mostly buttons, old copper coins and tokens, lead seals, musket balls, bullets etc.) I am using just fair headphones and I was running Energizers in it but they do seem to be running down quite quickly. I have been hunting beside a friend who I hunt beside a lot and he is kicking my ass. I always had him skunked for the past 5 years, he is running a whites xlt, but he is just killing me. He got about 20 great finds last night and I got 2. I feel the t2 ltd is in a class more like my ace 250 than my fisher CZ7O is. I may stand corrected in some posts to follow but I would hate to see the same thing happen to you that happened to me.

treasureseeker said:
I would not rush just yet. Im not bashing the new t2 ltd but I just got mine 6 days ago. I fell into all the hype and visions of pulling coins and buttons out of my old HOT spots. I quite frankly am unimpressed with the t2 ltd. I have been hunting since 1996. I have used mostly CZ70 Pro's. I am hoping Im still just not getting it right but I have not hit a decent target deeper than the sod roots. (about 2"). I have dug a hundred targets, knowing that 90 of them were BIG iron before I even dug it. I did get a couple of anchor buttons 1 at 4 inches barely a crackle while running 90 sens, 10 dis, and 2+ tone (I think). I have tried as many settings as I can read about for the type of conditions I hunt in. ( Mostly buttons, old copper coins and tokens, lead seals, musket balls, bullets etc.) I am using just fair headphones and I was running Energizers in it but they do seem to be running down quite quickly. I have been hunting beside a friend who I hunt beside a lot and he is kicking my ass. I always had him skunked for the past 5 years, he is running a whites xlt, but he is just killing me. He got about 20 great finds last night and I got 2. I feel the t2 ltd is in a class more like my ace 250 than my fisher CZ7O is. I may stand corrected in some posts to follow but I would hate to see the same thing happen to you that happened to me.
I know how you feel ,I used the Ace 150 all day and I feel like a truck hit me.I dug pulltabs and aluminum screwcaps in the turf,nothing old and nothing deep.