Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW MEMBER FROM GA.

little536

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE FROM THE NORTH GA AREA TO HUNT WITH. MY SON BOUGHT ME A MX SPORT HAVE WATCHED ALL THE VIDEO'S AND FOUND A FEW COINS. BUT I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO SHOW ME A FEW THINGS ABOUT THIS MACHINE. I RETIRED IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR SO I HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME. THANKS JOHN.

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE FROM THE NORTH GA AREA TO HUNT WITH. MY SON BOUGHT ME A MX SPORT HAVE WATCHED ALL THE VIDEO'S AND FOUND A FEW COINS. BUT I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO SHOW ME A FEW THINGS ABOUT THIS MACHINE. I RETIRED IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR SO I HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME. THANKS JOHN.

Welcome!! That MX Sport is supposed to be a fine machine!!!

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. DO YOU KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MX SPORT. WHAT PART OF GA YOU FROM.

No Sir, I never got the chance to own one. I lived in the Macon area for a lot of years. These days I'm residing in SC near Greenville. Where are you at in N. GA?

No Sir, I never got the chance to own one. I lived in the Macon area for a lot of years. These days I'm residing in SC near Greenville. Where are you at in N. GA?
sorry i did not get back to you sooner. i live in the athens ga area. about hour and half from greenville sc. i read that whites has gone out of business. have you read about that. what kind of metal detectors have you used. thanks john.

sorry i did not get back to you sooner. i live in the athens ga area. about hour and half from greenville sc. i read that whites has gone out of business. have you read about that. what kind of metal detectors have you used. thanks john.
Yeah, that is sad news. I am still using a Whites MXT, a Teknetics T2, a Tesoro Compadre and I just purchased a Nokta Anfibio.

I think you're gonna find the MX Sport will be pretty easy to learn. Luckily the Whites forum here has been returned to operational status. There should be a bunch of threads about it in our archives here. Go all the way back to 2016 when it was released and you can read all the threads that were started when everyone here was just learning how it worked. I'm betting you're gonna love it. And don't worry about Whites closing the doors. I just read today that there is a shop in Virginia that will be servicing them,,,

Yeah, that is sad news. I am still using a Whites MXT, a Teknetics T2, a Tesoro Compadre and I just purchased a Nokta Anfibio.

I think you're gonna find the MX Sport will be pretty easy to learn. Luckily the Whites forum here has been returned to operational status. There should be a bunch of threads about it in our archives here. Go all the way back to 2016 when it was released and you can read all the threads that were started when everyone here was just learning how it worked. I'm betting you're gonna love it. And don't worry about Whites closing the doors. I just read today that there is a shop in Virginia that will be servicing them,,,
I GOING TO READ ALL THE THREADS AND LEARN ALL I CAN . THE MORE I USE THE MX SPORT THE MORE I LIKE IT. THE MXT YOU HAVE HOW DOES IT PERFORM, I MIGHT GET ONE OF THOSE TO. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I WILL STAY IN TOUCH.

A Big Welcome to You to the forum from a Fellow Georgian. We are from Covington, Ga. about 40 miles east of Atlanta but are considering moving to the North Georgia mountains. Atlanta is encroaching on our little county of Newton. We need to put a lil' more buffer between us and the big A town. I use a Whites MXT Pro and a Minelab Safari. Right now I'm not using anything as I'm almost two weeks post op from rotator cuff and bicep surgery due to tears from my left shoulder and arm. If I could suggest watch utube videos on the MX Sport. Do you have an operator's manual for the Sport? There is a website that you can go to and download a manual on almost any make and model of any detector if you need one. Best of luck to you and Congrat's on your recent retirement.

A Big Welcome to You to the forum from a Fellow Georgian. We are from Covington, Ga. about 40 miles east of Atlanta but are considering moving to the North Georgia mountains. Atlanta is encroaching on our little county of Newton. We need to put a lil' more buffer between us and the big A town. I use a Whites MXT Pro and a Minelab Safari. Right now I'm not using anything as I'm almost two weeks post op from rotator cuff and bicep surgery due to tears from my left shoulder and arm. If I could suggest watch utube videos on the MX Sport. Do you have an operator's manual for the Sport? There is a website that you can go to and download a manual on almost any make and model of any detector if you need one. Best of luck to you and Congrat's on your recent retirement.
HI CONFETRIT.
SORRY I DID NOT REPLY SOONER. YES I AM GETTING THE HANG OF IT NOW. LOTS OF FUN. WHEN YOU GET BETTER MAYBE WE COULD DO SOME TREASURE HUNTING. HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON.
THANKS JOHN.

John, this fall, after crop harvest, ( peanuts, corn, cotton) consider coming to my farm near Millen, Ga. 1200 acres of crops and 1100 of woods. Also have access to another 3500-4000 that friends own. Farm dates back to the early 1800's. Right now I'm fighting Covid-19 and too dang hot to hunt. Yes, this is for real. My daughter thinks I'm crazy for doing this. She thinks I'm too trusting. I can see you reading this and saying "what" ??

John, this fall, after crop harvest, ( peanuts, corn, cotton) consider coming to my farm near Millen, Ga. 1200 acres of crops and 1100 of woods. Also have access to another 3500-4000 that friends own. Farm dates back to the early 1800's. Right now I'm fighting Covid-19 and too dang hot to hunt. Yes, this is for real. My daughter thinks I'm crazy for doing this. She thinks I'm too trusting. I can see you reading this and saying "what" ??
HI WILDWILLY.
YES I THINK YOU ARE CRAZY, JUST KIDDING. I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE COVID-19. YOU SOUND LIKE A FIGHTER TO ME I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE IT. WHAT KIND OF METAL DETECTOR'S DO YOU USE. I WILL BE HAPPY TO COME DOWN TO MILLEN,GA AND SEE WHAT WE CAN FIND.
WILL I HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER SOON.
BEST REGARD'S. J. H. KYTLE.

John, I'm down to 3 detectors right now. Gold Bug Pro, a great old relic machine, At Max, T2, and waiting on a Garrett Apex. I sold/traded a Simplex, 800, 600 and a 540 in the last few months. Also have 2 Euro Tech Pro's that my grand kids use (some time) when they come down from Augusta. Keep me in mind for this late fall or early winter.

John, I'm down to 3 detectors right now. Gold Bug Pro, a great old relic machine, At Max, T2, and waiting on a Garrett Apex. I sold/traded a Simplex, 800, 600 and a 540 in the last few months. Also have 2 Euro Tech Pro's that my grand kids use (some time) when they come down from Augusta. Keep me in mind for this late fall or early winter.
HI WILDWILLY.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN MILLAN,GA THIS FALL. STAY SAFE.
JOHN.

Please check your mail ---Thanks