Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

shepned

Hello, Everyone I am a new member and would like to say hi. I have been hunting for about 6 months in the Peoria area and have had good success with my White Coin pro. Found my first Barber quarter along with a Barber dime and Mercury dime one day last week in East Peoria. I am looking forward to this forum and hope to meet some of you in the coming months.

Thanks
Ned

Welcome to the Club and forum Ned and congratulations on the silver finds, you are off to a great start in a wonderful hobby. Maybe we will meet at the next club meeting on the 30th.

Hi Ned, Welcome to the forum and the club. Sorry we missed you last month, but we were out of the state. We'll be at the meeting this month. Congrats on your finds. I love to see that silver shine when coming out of the ground. HH and thanks for posting, Nancy

I guess I should rephrase my post. I am a new member to the forum. I have not been to any meetings or met anyone in person as of yet. I just read Larry's post about the membership fees. Where do I send my $25.00 membership fee. I will try to make the next meeting but am pretty busy as a self employed contractor and a father of three girls.

Sorry, I thought you might have joined last month when Nancy and I were not there. What we would do is sign you up as a member for 2012 and and you can still join us as a guest for the rest of this year. (November meeting and December Banquet) To join, just come to one of the meetings and fill out a membership request form Ned.

Hello Ned. Welcome to the forum. The club members are a great bunch of folks. I think you will enjoy being a member. My wife and I joined this year and love it. Hope to see you at the meeting. Daryl

Hi Ned,welcome to the forum....sounds like your doing well hunting...hope you make it to a meeting. What kind of detector are you using?

Welcome Ned. You are well on your way with the finds you have made already. Good luck, HH and hope you can make a meeting.

Capt Ron

Thanks everyone for your welcomes! Where is the meeting on the 30th going to be held. I really need some kind of hobby, distraction, slash fun to keep me sane from my work and family responsibilities. To answer a few questions I am using a White coinmaster pro. It does very well up to depths of about 8-10 inches. The signals are weak at the peaks but it also is an indication that you have a real piece on the other end. I do not know much about this sport as I am a newbee but I am a quick learn. I have read some of the posts recently and am getting a feel for what you all are about. What got me started is my wife and I bought a lot on Dauphin Island, Alabama in 2004 and I have read on the local forum about all of the Civil War artifacts that locals have found on the island. This island is where they fought many battles including the battle of Mobile Bay. Maybe you have heard the call Damn the Torpedoes full speed ahead made by Admiral Semmes. Well any way I bought the detector now I have the BUG!!!!!
Since my last great day in East Peoria where I found a 1903 Barber Quarter, Barber Dime and another Silver Quarter, today I have found at the same site 4 Wheat pennies of 1929,1930. 1945, and 1946. I hope to start posting pictures soon, my old digital camera is kaputch, and I need to get a new one. Thanks again everyone. Keep having FUN!

Ned Sheppard

The North Branch Library is off of Allen Rd by the Super Walmart and behind Menard's. Here is a map. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?78,1517828