Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Minelab Vanquish Video

mrwilburino said:
https://www.minelab.com/vanquish

Just make it a CTX in a lighter package pease. :thumbup:

Its not. Its already been slipped what it is.

really want to know?

I m betting that it will be a much more inexpensive machine but with decent features - similar to the Notka/Makro Simplex is supposed to be.

Just a bet.

OK, I'm hearing entry level multi-frequency, VFLEX IQ, Frequency: 7 / 18,75 kHz. That was on another forum, not an official minelab post.

What do you mean? My depth meter works fine

As with any machine, the depth can be off on very small items or when you use the big-ole-coil.

Vanquish sounds good for an entry level, if the spoilers are to be believed. It's not going to obsolete the CTX. By the way, I have officially had "Chloe" my CTX for 7 years! Happy CTX-iversary y'all.

ironman200081 said:
As with any machine, the depth can be off on very small items or when you use the big-ole-coil.

Vanquish sounds good for an entry level, if the spoilers are to be believed. It's not going to obsolete the CTX. By the way, I have officially had "Chloe" my CTX for 7 years! Happy CTX-iversary y'all.

You are probably right. I just got to thinking that maybe the investors were saying your pricing yourself out of the mark with $2500 machines. Time will tell but I'll have one none the less.... :)

Here are some thoughts and ideas about what it will likely be.

http://thesilverfiend.com/upcoming-minelab-vanquish-metal-detector/

Good write up by Jason, be sure and go read it.

My money is on the last bit he wrote - VFLEX IQ. The two frequencies posted are the two lower of the X-Terra’s three frequencies.

If it turns out that this is correct....Then what we will have looks a lot like X-Terra replacement with some “IQ” secret sauce mumbojumbo (or even some actual engineering) to explain why a selectable singlefreaker is big news after they pronounced all of them obsolete.

Here’s a quote from Minelab when the Nox was rolled out...

“While we could have taken the approach of putting the X-TERRA (VFLEX technology) in a waterproof housing and adding a selectable frequency range, this would have been following the path of many of our competitors in just rehashing an older single frequency technology that had already reached its performance limits. Another option would have been to create a lower cost waterproof FBS detector, but that also had its challenges with FBS being ‘power hungry’, needing heavier batteries, heavier coils, etc., and relatively high cost compared to the more recent advances that our R&D team have been making with the latest electronics hardware and signal processing techniques.

When Minelab develop a new detecting technology we aim to create a paradigm shift from existing products and provide a clear performance advantage for our customers.”

[www.minelab.com]

If this turns out to be a selectable freq singlefreaker, they “got some ‘splainin to do”.

...?not sure but, I am certain they will have around 30 0r 40 of them in action @ "Detectival the 13-16th of this month???

Maybe we'll get some [size=large]'vi-dee-ohs'[/size] to drool over!!!

Des This isn't a replacement for the 3030 is it?

Des D said:
...?not sure but, I am certain they will have around 30 0r 40 of them in action @ "Detectival the 13-16th of this month???

Maybe we'll get some [size=large]'vi-dee-ohs'[/size] to drool over!!!

Or will this replace the Minelag Equinox 6 and 800? This would be very sad because I only just got my Equinox 600 yesterday. Should I return it and wait for the Vanquish??