Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Minlab detector coming out...

trojdor

Here's the announcement, but absolutely no details about the unit.
(We'll just have to hold our breath till Sept 16.)

Hope it's another great one!

http://www.minelab.com/go-minelabbing/news?article=315332

:)
mike

Architex said:
Hope it doesn`t leak.

I'd be willing to bet good money that Minelab learned a hard lesson from the CTX, and their next detector won't be labeled 'waterproof'.
Weatherproof at best, but not waterproof.

Note the 7000, which uses exactly the same body design as the CTX is only weatherproof...not waterproof.

the fact that its being released in the UK might give us some leads ? not a new gold detector ? not a FBS based modern park detector ie consistent sized coins etc..

minelab have some great tech but its all cumbersome and heavy and they cant for what ever reason make a fast metal detector so my guess is its something to take on the Deus in the fast market..

pretty well documented that minelab are pi$$ed that XP are kicking their a$$ in the European market and so we await the minelab Deus clone if you will.

AJ

amberjack said:
the fact that its being released in the UK might give us some leads ? not a new gold detector ? not a FBS based modern park detector ie consistent sized coins etc..

minelab have some great tech but its all cumbersome and heavy and they cant for what ever reason make a fast metal detector so my guess is its something to take on the Deus in the fast market..

pretty well documented that minelab are pi$$ed that XP are kicking their a$$ in the European market and so we await the minelab Deus clone if you will.

AJ

I'm thinking the same thing; maybe something lighter and faster to compete with the Deus. Not exactly a clone though, Minelab will do something a little bit different. Put their own spin on it.

I bet the advertisements don't mention updates.

CT Todd said:
I bet the advertisements don't mention updates.

Updating is old hat now,,,everyone's doing it.
If it's really anew detector , I'll bet they not only update on-line but beat XP to the punch by interfacing with smart phones as well.
Would you expect anything less for $3500?

I have 5K in cash set aside to buy this new detector if its an upgrade to the 3030 which I love...
Gary from Oregon

If it turns out to be a coin version of the 7000, then $5,000 probably won't buy it. LOL.

In their series called the GO‑FIND. The standard app and pro upgrade, for both iPhone and Android devices, gives the benefits of Coin ID, wireless audio, detector control, listening to music while you detect, recording find locations and sharing finds on Facebook..... price is under $300.00.

With weather proof phones and external lith batteries......... one of these days there we be a app on our phones .... lol.

Maybe, it will be called EQUINOX:
http://www.trademarkia.com/equinox-79201507.html

(source: http://md-hunter.com/minelabs-new-patent-a-detector-with-magnetic-field/#comment-3631:geek:

Good catch Rob. Maybe.. We will all find out before too long now..