Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New NEL Storm Coil - Cord and Ground Balancing Question

I received a NEL Storm coil for my e-Trac for Christmas, and with the good weather I am headed out to try it.

In the packaging it indicated I should turn my sensitivity to 50% when doing my ground balancing, and then increase the sensitivity to the desired setting when beginning to detect. I have never read this or tired this. Is this a normal procedure? I typically ground balance at Auto +3, and then detect at Auto +3. I will use manual settings when starting out today and give it a whirl.

Also, I have a NEL Tornado coil. where the cord has stretched and the two ends of the shaft no longer slide (the coil is outside the limits of the bottom shaft. Is there any way to put a new cord on a coil, or does any shop do this type of work. I wasn't aware of this problem until I created it. I will be much more careful with all of the cords in the future. The new Storm coil works great, and I will take better cafe of it when changing coils.

Thanks for any input.

Silver Bullet

Ground balance an Etrac?-----Do you mean "noise cancel".------I usually nc with the sensitivity I am going to be running at.-----Do the nc with the coil resting on the ground in a clear area (coil not in the air).------You get a better nc reading by doing this.

Yes, noise cancel. Thanks for your input. I typically put my coil an inch or two off the ground, but will try it on the surface in the near future.

Thanks
Silver Bullet

I was on the NEL website and under FAQ it had a a few interesting points of instruction, including "charge your rechargeable battery through intelligent charger LaCrosse RS700. Otherwise NEL does not guarantee the stability and range of coils NEL". Any comments on that statement? Is it in the instructions included with the coils? Might it just be for overseas customers?