Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Racer user here , My finds from first hunt and im impressed

bayourebel2

Hello all my name is Chris and I am primarily a relic hunter by heart but occasionally hunt other stuff. I have been using the Deus for over a year and just recently got a new Racer. I took it this past saturday to a small school yard that me and my buddy have hit about 4 times with Deus and 9 and 11 inch coils and e-trac with 13 in coil. We have found lots of modern coins and a couple silver dimes but no jewelry. I took the Racer in there just expecting to be the same as my Deus but wow was I amazed on how much we missed. I found all of the coins in the pic and 3 .925 silver rings from 3pm to 5pm. I have never found that many rings in a day before. I cant wait to try it on some cw sites and see how she does. Also am thinking about the small coil. Oh and I had my settings wrong but did well I had gain at 65 filter at 50 and 3 tone cause I was just gonna cherry pick some quarters. I plan on using some of your settings and really see what it will do. Thanks

Impressive, I can't wait to try the racer after the thaw.

Nice digs.Come on spring,I'm stuck in limbo here.Well maybe I can do some testing with the Racer in the coin garden if we don't get too much snow.If not I'll do some air tests with various rings,coins and junk targets.

I love my Racer. I have found some things at scary depths, especially with the OOR coil. I noticed that at gain of 1 the racer will still air test a penny at a digable 5-6 inches.

Davethejunky said:
I love my Racer. I have found some things at scary depths, especially with the OOR coil. I noticed that at gain of 1 the racer will still air test a penny at a digable 5-6 inches.

Now that is impressive.I'm going to do some testing on it first thing in the morning.

bayourebel2 said:
Hello all my name is Chris and I am primarily a relic hunter by heart but occasionally hunt other stuff. I have been using the Deus for over a year and just recently got a new Racer. I took it this past saturday to a small school yard that me and my buddy have hit about 4 times with Deus and 9 and 11 inch coils and e-trac with 13 in coil. We have found lots of modern coins and a couple silver dimes but no jewelry. I took the Racer in there just expecting to be the same as my Deus but wow was I amazed on how much we missed. I found all of the coins in the pic and 3 .925 silver rings from 3pm to 5pm. I have never found that many rings in a day before. I cant wait to try it on some cw sites and see how she does. Also am thinking about the small coil. Oh and I had my settings wrong but did well I had gain at 65 filter at 50 and 3 tone cause I was just gonna cherry pick some quarters. I plan on using some of your settings and really see what it will do. Thanks

Hello! Thank you for purchasing our product. Congrats on the finds! Can we share this on our Facebook page with your permission?

Nice find great detector use the 5x10 great lite and fun

Nokta Detectors said:
bayourebel2 said:

Hello! Thank you for purchasing our product. Congrats on the finds! Can we share this on our Facebook page with your permission?

Hello, Yes you can share it wherever you like. I am loving the racer so far. It may end up replacing my Deus Lol

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
So which coil should I get ? The 5 x 10 or OOR for coins and jewelry in the trash. Thanks

I'd put the stock coil on the mantel and get the small OOR and the 5X10. In trash the OOR is above all others except a shovel and a screen sifter. You're first hunt was superb and there will be many many more to follow.

I just ordered the OOR coil with lower shaft at a super deal. I cant wait to get it and see what it can do. Maybe later I will get the other coils.

Man you guys are killing me.I just got my Racer pro pack yesterday but the ground is frozen solid.The only thing I can do is sit there and look at it.I'm really looking forward to using that OOR coil.

bayourebel2 said:
Low-Boy/LCPM said:
So which coil should I get ? The 5 x 10 or OOR for coins and jewelry in the trash. Thanks
[size=x-large]OOR FOR SURE[/size]

Can't beat the OOR in the crazy stuff. Congrats on the saves! Be sure to let us know what the smaller coil bring you in that same location.

DetectorCollector said:
Man you guys are killing me.I just got my Racer pro pack yesterday but the ground is frozen solid.The only thing I can do is sit there and look at it.I'm really looking forward to using that OOR coil.

I got my Racer just before it froze up her but made some fantastic finds in pounded areas with it. Now I have to wait till April to use it again, can't wait.

Damn cold weather.It ruins everything.I always thought of moving to a warmer climate but I'm to use to digging the colonials,large cent,reales and all the other great digs here in New York.I am toying with the idea of buying a small motorhome and becoming the Nomadic Digger.It would be so freakin cool to drive around the country and metal detect.

DC, don't ya know it!!! That would be AWESOME indeed.

With me being down this way I don't get to see the colonial finds but got the invite for Aprils hunt in PA for some digging. Jumped on it and boy am I STOKED! Would be happy to pull in what you all call a copper lol