Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Rear Stand Extension For The Deus

E-Trac-Ohio

After some trial and error, this looks like it could be the final version of the rear stand extension I made for my Deus.
I ended up with a stand that keeps the lowest part of the handle approx. one inch off the ground.
It also helps keep the machine up out of the mud and snow and most important of all ... it keeps the Deus from falling over all the time !

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo's - taken in the basement shop and still muddy from the last hunt.

Good Hunting !

Nice bit of work! That should keep it high and dry and prevent rolling. I have to admit since I started using the arm band for the controller, I am a lot less careful with the Deus. Just toss the handle aside when I kneel down to dig something. I'll have to remember not to do that if I ever put the controller back on the handle :)

I was detecting on a hill today and my Deus rolled all the way down to the bottom. About 100 feet away. So you're post is just what i need. What did you use and how did you attach it?
Thanks. HH & GL

Made the stand out of a piece of a PVC pipe coupling from Lowe's - cut it then heated it so it could be bent into shape.
Drilled and mounted it to the factory stand with two black nylon - license plate bolts.

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
Made the stand out of a piece of a PVC pipe coupling from Lowe's - cut it then heated it so it could be bent into shape.
Drilled and mounted it to the factory stand with two black nylon - license plate bolts.
Roger that E-Trac... thanks.

Great minds think alike: My post from 1 year ago: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2178688,2178688#msg-2178688]

Its a great idea,but rather than use a section of half round gutter cut into a section it may be better using a square section gutter and cut it in the same way as the round section,but this is the reason why and in my mind better option using the square cut,you dont have too drill 2 holes in the arm cup,you drill 2 holes in the back of the square section plastic and attach it using the 2 screws behind the shaft behind handle that you swing the Deus from.That way you achieve exactly the same job albeit the rear stand is slightly lower but it does not de-value the detector when it comes time too sell it on,either that or buying a new armcup as most folks dont like permanently modifying expensive detector.

By using the square section guttering plastic and mounting it slight down the shaft it does ecavtly the same job but without drilling holes etc and when it comes to sell the Deus no one is non the wiser when you take it off the rear of the shaft.Someone had been selling the same rear square section stand recently on UK Ebay,just checked and they are out of stock at the moment and no it was not me selling them.

Here's how I solved the rolling problem and keeping the Deus up out of the mud.
It's a bit more work, but removable and I had all of the PVC pipe and fittings in my plumbing parts box.
After I made it I painted it black.

All great ideas! I am looking into making some counter balance and aftermarket parts for the dues soon. The Market is their time to capitalize.

All great ideas in deed.
My problem is that I always use my rigid carry case to transport my Deus. With these options it won't fit in the case.
I am looking for a design that I can just clip on or off as needed. Any ideas?

Vikingvic,
My design will pivot 90 deg. if needed or the zip ties can be snipped off and reinstalled as needed.
I pack my Deus in my suitcase when flying and just turn my stand to the side for packing.
With a couple of new notches in the foam it could be packed it a hard case with ease.

HuntinDog said:
Here's how I solved the rolling problem and keeping the Deus up out of the mud.
It's a bit more work, but removable and I had all of the PVC pipe and fittings in my plumbing parts box.
After I made it I painted it black.

!. What is inside of the Tee? some sort of filler?
2. why cut a notch in the Tee ?

thanks

Martygene,
I cut the 3/4" slot in the tee so that I could just snap it on the Deus.
I used some of that anti-skid rubber mat that keeps dishes from sliding around in the cabinets of trailers.
I cut a small strip and put it inside of the "T" to keep it from slipping around.
Here's a picture of what I used.