Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Registered users

Hi everyone!
New to this hobbie and I'm hooked!!! We got our son his first metel detector in August for his birthday. We've been out together almost every night "digging up a lot of junk" We have found some modern day coins too. No silver yet.

Now I want my own detector to use with my son's Bounty Hunter. I'm trying to decide on either the Fisher F2 or the Teknetics Delta 4000. Can you help me decide on which one to invest in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old new guy reporting in. This seemed like the place for a first post. I live in the WY. high desert and have an OLD quick draw II that I'll be replacing soon. Can't walk the elk to death any more , and my knee guy says no more stream fishing. So I thought I'd give this a try.

New from the midwest! Will be using a Tesoro Compadre here once the spring thaw begins. Looking forward to picking apart some old farmsteads and visiting the standard back yards and parks, too.

New from SE Georgia. Been using the AT Pro for about 3 weeks now with stock coil and 5 x 8, once the 5 x 8 went on a few days ago, it hasn't been off as most of the places i'm hunting seem to be trashy, plus it is easier to pin point, with pro pointer. Have been busy searching the family farm. Will post by best and most surprsing find that was a complete surprise in this area, not much mention of any civil war activity in our area except 30 miles northwest of here where Sherman camped and marched on his way to savannah. Still learning the sounds of the ATP, but having fun learnning.

[size=large][size=large][/size]I just joined today, but have always been interested in using detector, to locate lost treasures
of one sort or the other, but do not know the first thing about what would be the best way to go about it!

Can anyone fill me in?

Thank you[/size]

New Member from Fresno, CA ... San Joaquin Valley Area (Fresno, Tulare County)

I am 36 and have not detected in a little over 15 years now! Started with a Whites Eagle II (ya that beast with crazy I think it was C Batteries..LOL) then was able to move to a Spectrum for a while along with my step-fathers Garret (don't recall model) that found some great coins. Detected with him for a few years and had an Excellent time doing so even being in my teens at the time till I was about 20 I guess. After that I had interest in other things then my daughter came around within a year from then and have not picked up a metal detector since in the last 15+ years now!

I have thought for years now as I have gotten older that I would Absolutely Love to get back into the hobby and oddly enough the one thing that has pushed me to want to start back in again is watching those crazy whack jobs on Diggers!!! LOL ... I know many think they are a joke but I think it's good for the hobby to have a show like that and you gotta know it's the show making them a bit nuts I think and excited to pump up the drama a bit and make it exciting for viewers to watch I think. So that has REALLY got me excited again since the new season just started and I am now starting to research and look at getting a new detector.

I am here to read, read, read and ask some questions and be well informed getting back into this hobby!

I also wanted to find out if there is any local San Joaquin Valley ... Fresno, CA. area based detecting guys out there on this forum or if there are any clubs around my area to talk more with local guys as well.

I enjoy researching the area I live to find many new places (if that even exists anymore ... I'm sure many areas around here have been picked clean in the last 15 years since I have been away) to detect! I know a good amount of the Lindsay, Porterville, CA. area as that's the area and outlining cities I primarily detected back then. Living in Fresno now for the last 6 years I do not know much of the area as far as history goes, and hope to find some local guys who I click with that could show me more and detect with occasionally as well.

I am excited to get back into this hobby again ... hopefully my bad back since being 20 can handle this kind of thing but I guess we will soon see how it holds up.

Any detecting brothers in my area hit me up!

I look forward to learning more here and asking questions from the pros that know and soon ordering my new detector and getting out there and finding tons of junk with hopefully some nice treasure and coins mixed in with that every now and again!

Thanks for having me guys!!!

-Chris

I just purchased a Garrett AT Pro and am excited about making the first discovery. I joined the forum today and hoping to get some great information from the Garrett section. Excited to be a part of the forum!

new to this forum and Just got back to the hobby after 20+ yrs ( still using my Garrett GTA ultra 1000) really confused in what to get as a new machine. Bought the at pro international and HATED it beyond words. now not sure if I should get a safari, teknetics t2 se or omega 8000

suggestions/advise I am not into relics but do beach and coin shooting ( always like finding jeweller).

If this is the wrong place to submit this question please move it to the proper place or delete it, which ever you feel is most appropriate..

Welcome everyone to the Forums, I will be generally active as I am in the office here. Any questions feel free to contact me via PM, Email, or phone. All information can be accessed by clicking my name here.

Hello Rock, I believe we did talk yesterday if I remember with your similar story to a customer I spoke with. If you still have questions on helping making your decision, let me know.

Hello from E. TN everyone. I have been fatally bitten by the detecting bug. It was evidently hiding in a friends detector that was left with me while he was out of country for a couple of years. So here I am, deciding between the Deus and E-Trac. I will be using opinions and experiences of users here, to assist me with my decision making. Search on Brothers and sisters.
pd.

I just purchased a Garrett Ace 250 and purchased a Garrett ProPointer but haven't received the pro pointer yet. I am from West Tennessee.

:garrett::garrett:Newbie from Tennessee. Garrett Ace 250 metal detector and Garrett Pro Pointer on order from Kellyco.