Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Safari

TomNH

First off thanks to all on the forum. It was VERY helpful in deciding on the Safari. I have no regrets. I got
the Safari to replace an old Garret GTA500 which is now a back up.
I have a few comments after going through a set of batteries.
1) Safari IS a turn on & go detector. Only thing is I have to back off the sensitivity sometimes.
2) Why so much trouble with the tones ?? Me & the wife practice in school playgrounds with the speaker.
After a few hours practice the digger already knows what it is most the time from 10 ft away.
3) Many targets are 8" deep & it always gives a solid tone & ID. Cant wait to run it on some old ground !
4) Pinpointing is easy but I still need practice.
5) Reading Andys book is a MUST DO ! I got it months before the detector. Understanding how it works first
is probably why we learned so fast.

Dislikes
1) Depth should be in numbers.
2) Screen washes out way to easy.

So far about $40 in clad from 4 playgrounds just in the wood chpped areas. Also a 925 ring & a lot of kids jewery. Not much junk.
Hampton beach is next, the GTA500 was all but useless there...........

Tom
Mason N.H.

Congrats! I predict that you are going to do well at the beach.

We'd love to see a pic of that Ag ring too.......

Tom -looking forward to seeing some outstanding finds posted.
I was concerned about the depth graph initially (0-12"), being that the Safari is calibrated for coin size objects . But no biggie,once you set pin point,judging from the audio feedback, as I lower the coil gives me an indication of how big the target is, so I can determine to dig or not to dig. For instance, drop a clad dime (may tid as 37-3:geek:,and a few feet away drop a crushed soda can (tid also 37-3:geek:. Set pinpoint and slowly lower over both targets,you should see how much sooner and louder the pinpoint over the can is.
Regarding the screen, yeah,easily looses detail in bright sunshine, so just adapt and approach target fromn the other direction.Many md'rs routinely use this technique. GL !