Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New SEF 8x6

kschae4

Just got an 8x6 this afternoon and was looking forward to testing it out at a well-hunted park today. Rain ended early this evening and the SEFs maiden voyage did not disappoint as this1907 Barber was freed from it's resting place. Until I get more comfortable with the 8x6 in pinpoint mode , going to need to place a sticky dot on the coil to find the sweetspot when over the target. Stats : relic mode ,low trash, tid bounced between 38-39.....Thanks for looking...

There aint nothing that sings a sweeter silver sound than a Safari. And the SEF is great in trash. WTG and here's to the many more silvers that youre gonna dig up with that combo! :cheers:

I really do not understand why people think Safari is not good in trash you add 6X8 coil to Safari and it is a great detector in heavy iron.Maybe not the best in Iron but very good I have had friends follow me with Deues and Racers and have found only 1 or 2 extra coins that I missed but they both had something that I did not have a large pouch of junk like 10 times more than me which leads me to believe that if I had removed the amount of junk they did I might have found the coins I missed.My Safari has been rock solid from day one,no upgrades,no broken ears,no manufactors defects,etc.easy to program.I have an ATPro for water use have not seen it in a year nephew has it.Only thing I have put in water this year has been my boat and bait.

Prep1957 said:
I really do not understand why people think Safari is not good in trash you add 6X8 coil to Safari and it is a great detector in heavy iron.Maybe not the best in Iron but very good I have had friends follow me with Deues and Racers and have found only 1 or 2 extra coins that I missed but they both had something that I did not have a large pouch of junk like 10 times more than me which leads me to believe that if I had removed the amount of junk they did I might have found the coins I missed.My Safari has been rock solid from day one,no upgrades,no broken ears,no manufactors defects,etc.easy to program.I have an ATPro for water use have not seen it in a year nephew has it.Only thing I have put in water this year has been my boat and bait.

Very nice coin kschae4:thumbup:

Yes Prep1957.....I agree that the Safari sometimes gets a bad rap and I think personally if a guy considers 3 things when detecting trashy spots:
1) If necessary, go with a smaller coil This is probably a no-brainer but most of us get a little lazy and it can be a hassle to change coils 'in the field'.
2) Be prepared to slow down! Most of us perhaps go too quick but this is an important thing to do especially since the Safari dosen't have the fastest processor as in some other detectors i.e. Etrac, CTX etc;.
3) Swing the coil from different angles. This takes more time but it pays off in the long run.
The Safari will pick up the good stuff in between the junk but a guy needs to go a little slower to get those sweet signals . I have had broken ears on one of my coils but its been partly my fault because of my mishandling and also, the manufacturers never seem to make those lugs or ears on coils thick/rugged/strong enough!

Goldstrike why didn't you tell me those 3 things when I first got my Safari?
wait, you and a hundred other folks probably did- maybe the question is why did it take me so long to listen to Good Advice? :shrug: