Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New SEF Coil

Ward

Just received my SEF 10 x 12 Coil, just wondering how come it is White in color ?

Kellyco can tell me why it is White !

Can anybody ?

the newer ones are white...supposed to help keep the coil cooler so it doesnt over heat. thats what ive heard

What did you have to pay for it. And did you get off of kellyco.

Well in the UK they are claiming they are V rated, That meaning they can run TX boost. JW hasn't answered my emails so I don't know. WARD, can you run TX boost with the new coil? Can you zoom on the sensitivity live control and tell me what the signal% reads with the white coil?

i just ordered the 10x12 white sef coil.. i used the black one on my mxt and loved it. now i like my d2 10in dd alot and im finding alot of goodies..but i will try the white sef out and see what it does..i know the proformance of my mxt went way up with using the black 10x12 on it. hoping to get same results.

They are made for the V3i and VX3 detectors by Detech.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/searchcoils.htm#whitesexcelerator two sizes 10x12 and 15x12. And they are lighter than the black SEF coils too.

I am anxious to see the specs on them. The last I heard is the white ones operated the same as the black ones. (lacking in 22.5). Can someone who has a white one give us the ground probe numbers?

my white sef 10x12 will be here tomorrow..i have the vx3 so some of the info i wont be able to give but im looking forward to testing it out.. jw says they are lighter than the black ones and will work on all v series so we will see.

I went to the Detech website and they don't even list one for the V3i... anywhere. Guess we will just have to wait for a field test.

Got my white 12x15 SEF from kellyco on saturday, but it was raining most of the day and I haven't had a chance to take it out yet.

In my yard, things aren't looking too good. I can run it up to a high rx gain (or run tx boost up to about rx of 12) without it overloading, and it will air detect a penny from a pretty impressive distance, but it is incredibly unstable. Chirps non-stop in any combination of frequencies even if I run it down to very low settings (rx 5, am 40, disc 40).

Not sure if it is because this coil is much more susceptible to emi than my D2, which I can run pretty hot in my yard (10/70/90) without issue, or if I have a bad coil. I will need to take it out to a park or someplace where I know there isn't any EMI to be sure.

I have tried my buddies 10x12 SEF from kellyco (old black style) and that thing was stable as a rock.

Hope I won't have any issues exchanging it if I need to.

Thanks for the report. Kellyco has always been pretty good about exchanges if needed.

i apologies now if this is wrong to post this ...:unsure:[attachment 227943 2012-03-28_181248.jpg]

I know it depends in the area you are in...but how is the 10x12SEF coil superior over the D2? JW still didn't state that it's V nulled.

well mine came today..i use the vx3 coil is white and it is lighter than the black ones..its 12x10..first coin..late 50's rosie..then a wheaty then 5 indians..gain at 12,disc at 92 and am at 75..several of the indians were at 9 inches or slightly more. my buddy was using his v3i and did have some slight emi until he hit frequency adjust. mine ran smooth with sef. it air tested maybe an inch or 2 deeper than stock d2...in the ground it covers more ground,feels really balanced and im sure my buddy could have found everything i found.

Basstrackerman, could you give us the Sensitivity zoom % readings along with your RX, AM, and Disc. Will it handle the TX boost?

The same for you guys with the new white coils.