Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New SEF Coil

n/t

I haven't tried the air tests yet that supafly asked for. I hope to get to that BUT I don't put much stock in air tests. Anyone having overload issues at high gains and/or tx boost on while holding the coil in the air might try it again in another area. I was surprised to find that results in my back yard were not indicative of wether the coil is "good or bad".
A hunt in a more rural area showed me that I don't have any reason NOT to have this as a choice for more coverage and a little more depth. I really like it in farm field running a hot stereo mixed mode built on the HiPro program. Now that I have the 12x10" I need to to find a reason to keep my 12" concentric - it's not as well balanced, feels heavy too. I should spend time trying the 12" over a couple planted targets to compare. It's not like I'd beach hunt with that coil when I have other detectors and coil choices that I'm more comfortable with at the beach.
Anyway before you write off the SEF as no good try it in a more rural area. I'm sure there are variances in the mfg tolerances so it's possible some are NG.
HH-Bruce
aka Maniac

Ytcoinshooter said:
I haven't tried the air tests yet that supafly asked for. I hope to get to that BUT I don't put much stock in air tests. Anyone having overload issues at high gains and/or tx boost on while holding the coil in the air might try it again in another area. I was surprised to find that results in my back yard were not indicative of wether the coil is "good or bad".
A hunt in a more rural area showed me that I don't have any reason NOT to have this as a choice for more coverage and a little more depth. I really like it in farm field running a hot stereo mixed mode built on the HiPro program. Now that I have the 12x10" I need to to find a reason to keep my 12" concentric - it's not as well balanced, feels heavy too. I should spend time trying the 12" over a couple planted targets to compare. It's not like I'd beach hunt with that coil when I have other detectors and coil choices that I'm more comfortable with at the beach.
Anyway before you write off the SEF as no good try it in a more rural area. I'm sure there are variances in the mfg tolerances so it's possible some are NG.
HH-Bruce
aka Maniac

Mine is just no good.... I live in the country and the coil is overloading at a gain of 13 and a disc of 85. Its signal in the air waste high is 59. I was supposed to get my return authorization number and return tag emailed to me today and it did not happen.

JW You have helped out in the past, maybe you can things a little more expedited for me? Zip code 95437 Jeremy James. You guys have my credit card on file, how about shipping me out a new coil and the return tag with it. I can throw the bad one in the box and get it out same day. Please test it before its shipped.....:wave:

Sorry Dave please don't posts incorrect information. I told you this before.

Please read this.

After market loops
Not specifically made for V3 will struggle a bit, especially at 22.5 kHz, both with gain setting and with VDI accuracy. Even so, I've found the after-market loops I've tried -- Bigfoot, SEF, and Sunray -- to be very usable- Carl

This one has gotten too long. Start a new one.