Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Site yields sharpes, pistol bullets, eagle button etc.

silversweeper

I recently got permission (after making lots of phone calls and doing some research) to hunt a site that we were certain that it had Civil War activity. There were supposed to have been a few sharpes bullets recovered years ago before the people responsible for the property put the squash on hunting. I figured asking the right people in the right way might get positive results and I was right. So after making sure I was okay to be there I made my first short hunt last Wednsday afternoon. Walked onto the site and started swinging my etrac and the very first signal was a possible button signal at decent depth. Dug the plug and out popped a green General service eagle button in undamaged but corroded condition. Awesome! As I kept swinging up onto the little hill I was headed for I dug 2 ringtail sharpes drops and two pistol bullets, one a 44 cal and the other a 38 (which I had never found any of yet). Also found about a dollar in newer change (digging only nickel, dime, quarter signals and deep pennies). There are a ton of newer pennies up to 3 and 4 inches deep, the good stuff is quite a bit deeper fortunately. That was it for the first day as it was supper time and I had to leave. I headed back again on Thursday and found one more ringtail and a regular sharpes before I had to leave. Friday was another short hunt but yielded nothing but some clad change. Saturday I had all day to hunt and started early. I ended up with 4 more ringtails, 1 regular sharpes, another 38 cal, and also a small caliber pistol round ball. No more buttons and I didn't find the wished for buckle or plate either. Not sure what the acorn looking thing is but I don't think it is CW. It's very light so it's either hollow or ?? Some kind of finial or something. Sure not the carved bullet I thought I had found at first!! GRRRR. Hard to figure this site out, lots of open area but all the finds were pretty concentrated on one small area. There's a building right beside and below this and I bet they cleaned out a ton of good relics when they constructed it. Am planning to check the area on south side of the building next week. Am hoping that the camp was big and spread out. Wish me luck, I sure would like to find a cavalry button and a buckle or box plate before I'm done there (not that I'm complaining about a handful of nice ringtail drops, I had only a few of those in my collection until now!). Only old coin I found was a buffalo nickel, no silver deep or shallow.......yet.
HH all.

Nice finds and way to get permission. :thumbup: Good luck in finding that buckle. CCH

Nice Confederate Cavalry relics, Yes good luck on the plate.:csflag:

n/t