Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New software update for CTX

Capreo

It's been years since Minelab has provided its customers a valuable software update for its flagship coin and jewelry detector. Anybody know if we can expect something in the near future? I think many of us would even be willing to fork out a little money if it gave us features we are looking for. For me, it would be controlling volume levels within the bins. As well, a volume control for depth. Meaning, I'd love to be able to turn the volume off for anything the detector says is less than 5 inches.
Or..... Perhaps a 3030 replacement with some of these features will be on its way :)

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt we'll see anything new for the CTX at this point. :(

Volume level control within bins is a nice idea.

Turning off the volume for anything less that 5 inches would have lost me some of my best finds, so that wouldn't work for me.
We just had a hunt on Sunday where my hunting buddy scored a pristine Indian Head at 4 or 5 inches, and a nice silver ring from on top of the ground.
Last year, I pulled a Seated dime with mint luster from about the same depth.

I'd prefer an update that would positively identify aluminum and deep iron... ;)

I'm sure they're working hard on the 'next big thing'.

mike

What I would like to see is a new model with more powerful (faster) electronics. The software can stay the same but have new boards that will make it faster. Computers have changed a lot in the last 6 years. They already have a longer life battery so why not use the power?

Adjustable bin volume would be a nice option but besides that, I don't see anything else that can make it much better. Since 2012 when the CTX hit the market, Bluetooth technology has improved a lot with low latency transmitters and headphones. I think it would have been nice if they updated the CTX with Bluetooth aptx low latency technology that would give us some more headphone options like the new NOX 600/800 has.

I agree about updates . The only wa is start com the ground up. We are seeing new each with he nox, maybe we will get a 3# ctx with super frequency’s . I am sure the competition will drive some really cool tech our way☺️

This is like a re-occurring nightmare that keeps on coming back! Don't hold your breath for any updates! It ain’t happening!

To make the nightmare go away,some of these things should be implemented to make good on a pricey promise. Personally,I don’t need any updates,but for those who feel as if improvements could be made within reason,then the company should block out some programming time to make it right for the people who want “updates”. But like I said,I don’t need anything that I can think of. In several years I may even know how to use it as it is!:)

I agree with IDX, I’m happy with what I have if they don’t do an update.
I can be productive and find the things I’m after but still find little thing to adjust and change for improvement every now and then.
That’s the reason I have declined on a nox 800, don’t want to start learning all over yet

Here's an improvement I think we'd all appreciate.....
No more falsing on rusty iron! Hopefully One day soon, the technology will arrive

Capreo said:
Here's an improvement I think we'd all appreciate.....
No more falsing on rusty iron! Hopefully One day soon, the technology will arrive

Oh man! Or somehow figure out how to make it false low! But that’s why it’s called “falsing” I guess. No disc is the only option there to show it for what it really is...
I like the notion though!!:)

Not being able to see the keypad at night bugs me to hell.
Processor to slow in adjusting to ground balance when switching back n forth from manual to auto sensitivity.

If they don't support the software ,as promised , I'm going to have a hard time stepping up again with my hard earned hand full of 26 dead presidents . After all this was a exceptionally expensive detector at the time it was released with there only being a select few others on the market for average hobby users ,if you can refer to use as that .
Again I think they are late with their continued devoplement , and Minelab as a company needs to continue support to us , asto also keep our investment marketable . Besides I plan to keep mine even if they do release something better , and I wholly due hope it builds on what is already been done with the CTX and it's screens - I also booted up for a Garrett atx , but it's a different world to compare pulse to a CTX . I will say it is not nearly as fun to operate because it lacks the output to the user with the screenful of color graphics giving me so much useful info to decide to dig or not .
I love my CTX but expect them to keep my investment I put into these machines honoring the promised support for a few years after the release date .
One thing I have noticed about products now a days is they release most products way to soon ,before they are really ready for the consumer market just to beat the completion . Myself , I believed and trusted Minelab to give me a machine that would keep putting out on technology for a several years if all your going to get is what it gives the day it goes out the door - well it better be a killer top of the line machine and as good as the CTX is/was , everyone was expecting more developement .
As I say ,it might be a lot harder next time to let go of that kind of money knowing this is how it's going to go .