Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New spot on the river a few goodies!

Mark kus

This spot has a kids camp that dates back to the turn of the century so I went at low tide along the swimming area and hit a 1936 buffalo a silver Rosie can’t make out the date a 1944 quarter and a copper button possibly not sure anyone have any idea?
HH
Mark
C05A885F-1555-499C-8EFC-256275F3F6FC.jpeg

Nice finds Mark! Looks like it was a maybe an IH penny that was placed on the railroad tracks?

Thanks Not sure it’s smaller than a penny I’ve found these before?
Mark

No idea....from your photo it looks like it was run over by a train lol

Can you make out any design or letters ?

Thanks Not sure it’s smaller than a penny I’ve found these before?
Mark

Nice finds Mark... that one item looks too uniform to have be a “railroad coin” as Jim suggested.
I have found quite a few of them and they are not uniform in shape, and very thin too.
Maybe part of a cuff link or similar fastener.
Just a guess.
IMG_0321.JPG

Last edited:
I agree. Too perfectly oval for a train crush. I also think it could be a cuff link, possibly silver plated a long time ago. Did the other side have what appeared to be an attachment point for a stud, etc.?

Yes thanks I’ve found a few them nothing on them though going out river hunting this week have a new island to try at low tide can’t wait!

Looks to me like a medallion of some kind. If there is no sign of a metal attachment, it could of been "bonded" to something and fell off. It looks like copper, is it?

Looks to me like a medallion of some kind. If there is no sign of a metal attachment, it could of been "bonded" to something and fell off. It looks like copper, is it?
Yes it’s copper I believe it did fall off something