Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New T2 User, Need Some Advice

Just got my new T2 last week. Took it out this past weekend for a home site yard hunt. Did manage to find a few wheat pennies, a silver Roosie, and some modern coins.

Was having some trouble with the pin pointing. Could center on the targets OK (I have an Explorer and am used to DD coils) but the depth readings were all about 2" deeper than the target actually was. Is this typical or is there a problem with my ground balancing (~60 -70), sensitivity settings (60), or amount of discrimination (45) causing the depth readings to be off?

Thanks!
Jeff

Mine pinpoints right on the money, (right on the money.. laff).

Where are you? I am in N Ga too. I have used mine for a little over a year but I am sending it in for service next week. It seem's to have a short in the cable, where it plug's into the control box.

It is an awesome machine but require's much use to learn it well. Still, I have had no problem what ever with the pinpointing. Maybe we can hunt one day if you want.

Julien

Does sound like a ground balance issue. When I ground balance I actually set my machine right on the ground and touch it when doing the bobbing thing. I think that gives a more accurate picture and may be worth a try.